Digital TV - go for it! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Digital TV - go for it!

dcstar

Once sane, always Richmond......
Nov 5, 2003
Melbourne
RoyceHart said:
David C said:
LidsandBling said:
are you getting digital sound with these channels?

do you have foxtel or optus digital?

Just on a slightly related note, if you do go the digital path (even with analogue), just set up your system to use some widely spaced stereo speakers and watch an upcoming Australian Open tennis match.

The Ch 7 broadcast sound has the balls being hit at each end of the court coming out of the left then right speakers!

It really adds something to an essentially repetitive and boring sport....... ;)

Hi David,

Can you confirm that C 7 is doing this as I have set up some stereo speakers linked directly to my set top box but haven't noticed any difference (other than more sound).

It's quite possible though that I have stuffed up....

Also could not find any mention on the C 7 website.

Cheers

They've been doing it for a while (I had a stereo VCR which output it), Ch2 also had it going for their "Hopalong Cup" tennis matches this year, and after listening carefully it's actually the Left-Right sides of the court which they have miked up.

You really notice it when the ball is hit from a far corner of the court - especially when the next hit comes from the opposite corner - it's a bit like the "ping-pong" speaker test sounds!

Tigerclan

Tiger Champion
Jan 22, 2005
The camera clicking from behind the goals on the EPL is amazing too

Every corner or goalsquare incident has hundreds of shutters going off

And the crowd singing comes from all over the place

Lidsand

Chimp Mail - Delivering Since 2007
Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne
interesting forum this. earlier in this thread i was asking about channels 7 and 10 and their trassmissions through foxtel digital. they actually are only in analogue. and only the showtime and fbo channels are in true dolby digtal. the others are only pro logic which is *smile* 5.1

http://www.dtvforum.info/lofiversion/index.php/t30674.html