Ditch the whites, adopt the yellows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ditch the whites, adopt the yellows

I thought white shorts with our away strip looked pretty good on 30/09/2017.

In fact, everything looked pretty good that day :cupgold

Reactions: 1 users
Done properly with the right amount of black trim it would look great. It’s not like yellow isn’t our colour, it’s in our theme song! White isn’t in our colour range, so why do we wear white shorts?
Have some foresight and courage people!
I've got No foresight and I don't want courage

• Haha

Have always disliked white away shorts even when playing, makes no sense and looks insipid.
The girls rolled out the yellow shorts yesterday and it looked so good. Time for the guys to do the same.
Like the girls if you add enough black piping trim it works.
It looked disgusting

• Wow
Done properly with the right amount of black trim it would look great. It’s not like yellow isn’t our colour, it’s in our theme song! White isn’t in our colour range, so why do we wear white shorts?
Have some foresight and courage people!
sick vomit GIF by New Amsterdam

No thanks, looks sh!!t.

Mind you, the black shorts on South Melbourne many years ago also looked weird.

DS

refer to below quote of my post on another thread the other day...

Loved the yellow shorts.

I've been saying this for years, but now that the AFL has broken tradition by making teams wear clash jumpers, I don't see any need for the away teams to continue wearing white shorts anymore. We should wear yellow shorts when away every time... Yellow shorts would especially look better with the cash jumper.

I'm definitely in the "Ditch the white. adopt the yellow" corner. Especially now that we changed to a much sharper shade of yellow 6 years ago.

Reactions: 1 user
with the clash jumpers that teams are forced to wear, there is no need for the white shorts. Also reckon we should wear black shorts with our clash jumper.

refer to below quote of my post on another thread the other day...

I'm definitely in the "Ditch the white. adopt the yellow" corner. Especially now that we changed to a much sharper shade of yellow 6 years ago.
AFLW ditched the white away shorts from day 1. This was the first time they rolled with the yellow shorts.
Agree the men’s don’t need away shorts with the current list of clash jumpers.
I know yellow is a very strong colour and with shorts in the past it hasn’t looked great but more often I put this down to no effort being made to design the shorts properly and just making the main colour element of the short yellow. Kind of like Bombers first go at a clash jumper…deliberate lazy design as a middle finger to the AFL.

I wouldn't mind if we wore our clash jumper (preferably with black shorts) when playing away matches against Carlton, Collingwood or Melbourne. Works when we play the Bombers in away fixtures. Makes for a much better viewing contrast.