Draft picks 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Draft picks 2019

Beveridge didn't say anything in the draft, he said he heard about it AFTER the draft, and followed it up with several people involved.

It's possible someone close to Philps let it slip (maybe even inadvertently). It could be we were going to take him with our 2nd round pick. Who knows.
Either way, we got Dow, who looks class.
Twomey asked Silvagni, the two fanboi nerds (Beveridge is a Carlton supporter and Twomey is an envious Bummer mincer) took his word as gospel and now everyone's running with it as fact.

That's a great concise summary of every draft really.

You pick guys who look like they fit the part and now we hope like hell that they have the mental and physical commitment required to make it.
I liked how every now and then the Fox coverage put a "Bargain" tag next to a pick.

Hugo Ralphsmith .... how about Springsteen. (aka The Boss)
Noah Cumberland has to be (Cumberland) Sausages or Snags
Will Martyn (M2 - m squared)?

We seem to have such a different perspective to most clubs. It really looks like we’ve unlocked some kind of wisdom about how the game should be played and other clubs are recruiting similar types of skilled players they did a decade ago.

The coaches are probably just as if not more excited about what these kids can do without the ball. They all look like Richmond types.

Reactions: 5 users
We got mabs from Bris academy, the fella they matched, forget his name, didn't make it

Edit, reuben William, remembered. Also did we bid on hipwood? Bit of history there.
Yep we bid on Hipwood. Also bid on the spud Matthew Kennedy who is now in Giants reserves (Carlton). Ended up taking Rioli.

Reactions: 1 user
Word is Brisbane not happy about not matching our bids. They didn’t have the points to do so. Essendon stuffed them up by making an early bid on another academy at pick 37 which they matched.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Word is Brisbane not happy about not matching our bids. They didn’t have the points to do so. Essendon stuffed them up by making an early bid on another academy at pick 37 which they matched.
If the rumours are right, they can take their anger out on Carlton, who pinched who we'd be taking at our pick. That's obviously had a cascading impact on the rest of the draft. If you don't believe that, they're Carlton. Blame them anyway.

• Wow
Here’s something that I haven’t seen mentioned elsewhere, but I think is right and is pleasing - the round 2 pick we took from Collingwood isn’t the one tied to their finishing position (they’ve already traded that out). It’s one tied to St Kilda, which means it may well move us about 10 spots up the order.
Interesting and good news. How did the pies get that pick?

Nice. I can see saints finishing bottom 6.

Stupid by the pies though

Reactions: 1 users

I'll bet this spoiled Dodoro's night. Having his pick matched, but then opening the door for the Tigers to steal two other Lions Academy prospects by stripping away Lions picks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
If the rumours are right, they can take their anger out on Carlton, who pinched who we'd be taking at our pick. That's obviously had a cascading impact on the rest of the draft. If you don't believe that, they're Carlton. Blame them anyway.
Yeah and blame Essendon too. Just because we can. Oh; and they’re arseholes as well.