Draft picks 2019

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Totally. Happy to prognosticate here on PRE, and robustly discuss the finer points.
but no tears or meltdown.
Our recruiting blokes are doing bloody good job
And that's the key. I reckon there has been a general tone of "that's interesting" around this years crop were as in the past it would have been panic stations and cry's of "butchered". The club has the supporter bases trust, it's an amazing turnaround in five years.

And can someone confirm that the pick swap we did with Collingwood is the rights to St Kilda's second round pick in 2020 for our second rounder? I haven't been able to find the details of the trade. That's my one lingering question.

Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
We have the Saints’ 2nd Rounder for 2020.
Ok that makes much more sense. Two picks inside 30 for next year already. Nice.

Edit: The second rounder we traded to Collingwood was tied to Port Adelaide. Will be little difference between the two, this entire Bianco thing is odd.

Double edit, it’s ours we traded Not tied to Port.

Last edited:

Wildride

Tiger Superstar
Sep 6, 2006
Brisbane

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
This isn't a knock on the club but Tommy Green should've been in yellow & Black on wedesdey night.
Clubs watch kids from birth.
Why didn't we try to get him out of the GWS system and had him ready for us to swoop.
There are plenty of examples over the years clubs have pulled kids from junior competetions and picked them up basically for nothing.
Wc were the kings of that during the 90's with Kemp and as recently as with selecting Jack Darling.
I think the club should've tried to get green out.
Imagine Soldo Green Ross Catasgna.
There's the future...

**it dosent matter he will be over sooner then later.
His old man didnt seem too excited he was picked up by the plastic footy club..

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003

Edit: The second rounder we traded to Collingwood was tied to Port Adelaide. Will be little difference between the two, this entire Bianco thing is odd.
The 2nd rounder we traded is tied to us, not Port.

Reactions: 1 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Blokes who aren’t mids in junior ranks don’t become full time mids.

The lad has heaps of tools to work with but he won’t become a full time mid.
Nat Fyfe was a full foward in juniors and didnt play midfiled until he got to freo

Reactions: 1 user

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne

How did we end up with Port's 2nd rounder ?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

Where did you get your edited point from? I don't thinks its correct. We didn't have anyone elses 2020 picks before that trade.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
So for giving the pies a player we didn't want we upgraded our 2nd rd pick by about 10 spots. Great trading.

Reactions: 5 users