Draft prospects 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Draft prospects 2019

Starting to think that Brodie Kemp MIGHT, JUST MIGHT be on the board at our pick.

Reactions: 1 users
Nope, Mitch is very capable on the inside. Coaches at the champs just wanted him on the outside to use his speed and skills. Injuries really held him back this year. I hope he lasts to one of our 2nd rounders.

Little bit of Lachie Neale to him. I'm a huge fan. Will be a steal.

Starting to think that Brodie Kemp MIGHT, JUST MIGHT be on the board at our pick.

Now that would be daylight robbery. Why on earth would he slip that far?

I’d like us to trade into a mid 20s pick and steal Dylan Williams. Clever half forward who is great above his head. Reminds me of Robbie Gray

We are still looking to trade next year's 1st rounder for a top 25 pick this year.

Getting a slider at 19 and Cooper Stephens would be huge.

Wouldn't mind Georgiades with one of our 2nd round picks, if he lasts that long.

Cal Twomey has us taking Cooper Stephens in his official Phantom draft.

I’m happy with this. Him or Kemp would be who I’d like most.

Think Geelong might gazump us on Stephens with what will be pick Pick 19 after bids.

Don't think this lad will have any problems with his skinfold tests.

Doesn't sound like we're heading that way but I still really like De Konning for our first pick. Hilder at one of our second-rounders would be ok compensation.

I can see Adelaide making a play for our first pick.

They have two second round picks back to back in 24 & 25.

Good thing with a pick around ours is that it's the slider zone ie alex rance.

Maybe then Josh Worrell falls to us, would definitely fill a need for us if he does.

Geelong will most likely take Worrell at 16 so will get the double. Yeah losing Kelly was a huge loss but the draft picks they received this year and next could well help them re-set an ageing list.

Last edited:

22 and 23 before bid matching.

Adelaide gives us 22, 23 and 37

We give them 19, next years 1st plus 56

We end up with 22, 23 37, 38, 39, 41

Then go to North

Give them 23, 39, 41

We get 27 and 30

So we end up with 22, 27, 30, 37, 38

Reactions: 3 users

Yeah, can see that happening, if there’s someone they still like on board at our pick (eg Day) they might offer us those two in return for our first and one of our second rounders. Could be a good deal as we could potentially snare Rantall and Jones.

Another possibility is that the Hawks might offer us their 2020 first if it comes to our pick and Maginness hasn’t had a bid yet. Essendon and Collingwood also looking to get rid of their 2020 firsts, though with rumours that we’re looking at flicking our own 2020 first I’m not sure whether we’d take any such offers.

Reactions: 1 user
22 and 23 before bid matching.

Adelaide gives us 22, 23 and 37

We give them 19, next years 1st plus 56

We end up with 22, 23 37, 38, 39, 41

Then go to North

Give them 23, 39, 41

We get 27 and 30

So we end up with 22, 27, 30, 37, 38

So why would we do this? Giving up 19 for 22 and next year's first for 27 and 30 and moving 39,40 to 37,38 and losing 41. Don't see the point.

So why would we do this? Giving up 19 for 22 and next year's first for 27 and 30 and moving 39,40 to 37,38 and losing 41. Don't see the point.

I agree, going from 19, 2019 1st, 38,39 and 41 to 22, 27, 30, 37 and 38 doesn't seem like a great deal to me.

If someone was to trade for our 1st on draft night, then we should "win" the trade in terms of points. I assume if this was Adelaide, we would be having to give something more than just Pick 19 for 22 and 23, but we should still be in front. Maybe we would do 19, 2020 1st for 22, 23 and Adelaides 2nd next year.

Its sounding like Cooper Stephens is most likely first rounder?

I'd be stoked. Another big inside mid with a tank and character to add to the collection?

after a couple of years of 1st round X factor, wise to grab another solid citizen I reckon.