Draft prospects 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Draft prospects 2019

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
The beauty of it all is that after winning premierships we have not neglected the draft
Higgins , Balta , Coleman-Jones , Naish , Baker
RCD , Ross , Turner , English , Stack , Pickett
#19 - #38 - #39 - #41 - #56 + 1 Rookie Selection

Thats 18 new young players since winning the 2017 premiership as well as adding Tom Lynch

Rebuilding whilst winning flags
Best thing is that eight of those eleven picks from 2017 / 2018 drafts have already played some senior footy, six of them seriously meaningful game time. Reckon that wouldn't be happening to often with a side that's just won two flags n played a prelim in between.
Most sides performing to that level would normally have a very settled senior squad with just occasional cameo games from the newbies.

Reactions: 4 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I'm sure that the current AFL executives meant for the AFL Draft to be more exciting with the current format but for me at least it's the polar opposite.
Overly complicated yawn fest that it NOT entertainment. I miss the high energy days in the PRE chat room where it was run so quickly you could barely catch up with it.
They have absolutely killed it.

Reactions: 5 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Most sides performing to that level would normally have a very settled senior squad with just occasional cameo games from the newbies.
A simple comparison is players used - it can be misleading but its a good quick indicator.

In 2019 we had 38 players who played at least 1 match.
Melb and Saints the most with 39, while GWS also had 38.
Geelong, West Coast and Dogs had 34, Brissy 35.

Shows that we have given exposure and experience to almost our entire list.

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I'm sure that the current AFL executives meant for the AFL Draft to be more exciting with the current format but for me at least it's the polar opposite.
Overly complicated yawn fest that it NOT entertainment. I miss the high energy days in the PRE chat room where it was run so quickly you could barely catch up with it.
They have absolutely killed it.
It is painfully tedious.

Reactions: 1 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
It's absolutely a wank. Marketeers who have no freaking idea what they are doing. Just see if we can make it more American is their whole purpose.

• Sad

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
I could be wrong but in the past hasn’t Gill acknowledged the reigning premier in his speech as this is the first formal AFL even since the GF?

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Why does Gil have to walk out on stage after every pick? Why is the venue so small? Where are the clubs? Wtf is going on?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Slow, slow, slow, slow, slow, Freo have already chosen their pick, all sitting back, not talking yet 2 and a half minutes on the clock so we have to wait 2 and a half minutes to hear crap to fill the time, yawnnnnnnn

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Do we really care if these players can cook, OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Humprey or Fat Cat would be more entertaining calling the picks than Gill

• Haha

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
It's probably people watching it on Foxtel - Brad Johnston, ex-Bulldogs player now media commentator?

Cartoon playing funny buggers; traded pick 9 for 17 and 22. The latter pick right after us as it stands. Also Twomey's Phantom draft pretty accurate except for Swans taking D.Stephens early, gazuumping Cartoon's supposed preference. All going well.

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
It's probably people watching it on Foxtel - Brad Johnston, ex-Bulldogs player now media commentator?

Cartoon playing funny buggers; traded pick 9 for 17 and 22. The latter pick right after us as it stands. Also Twomey's Phantom draft pretty accurate except for Swans taking D.Stephens early, gazuumping Cartoon's supposed preference. All going well.
Who took Carltons 9?