Dreamtime confirmed in Darwin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dreamtime confirmed in Darwin

Wow. Knowing the AFL i was expecting it to be played at Auckland.

Darwin along with Kalgoorlie, two of my favourite places.........by jingos, they don't mind a drink!!!!!

"But late on Friday doubts suddenly emerged about the match going ahead in the Top End after the Northern Territory government declared three areas in Queensland were coronavirus hotspot areas for people wishing to travel to the territory. "

"But late on Friday doubts suddenly emerged about the match going ahead in the Top End after the Northern Territory government declared three areas in Queensland were coronavirus hotspot areas for people wishing to travel to the territory. "

They will play it in Papa New Guinea.
The AFL is clueless.
Instead of finishing the season quickly and all in one place, they are getting cocky by fixturing games in Tassie, (now cancelled) and now in Darwin.
Just leave it alone. Get all 18 teams in Queensland and let's finish this season ASAP.
Apparently the last block of games will go back to a weekly fixture.
They shorten the game time, they extend the break times, for what 3 games??
Seriously Gilligan needs to go.
Get WC out of Perth, they make me sick.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
They will play it in Papa New Guinea.
The AFL is clueless.
Instead of finishing the season quickly and all in one place, they are getting cocky by fixturing games in Tassie, (now cancelled) and now in Darwin.
Just leave it alone. Get all 18 teams in Queensland and let's finish this season ASAP.
Apparently the last block of games will go back to a weekly fixture.
They shorten the game time, they extend the break times, for what 3 games??
Seriously Gilligan needs to go.
Get WC out of Perth, they make me sick.
Given the way things are going, thanks to the muppets that didn't isolate on returning to Brisbane, it's probably more likely that every team will end up in Perth.
At a minimum they are going to have to move the match against the Suns away from the Gabba or NT is likely to insist on them quarantining. Either that or forget Darwin as a venue.

Well, if anyone had any doubt about how “close” to Sheedy’s heart Richmond is, then the following should put it to rest . In the HUN today announcing the Dreamtime game in Darwin they had a few quotes from him but one sentence stood out for me and said it all about him.
” Having Essendon, my old team, is quite special, and having Richmond here....”
First supporting the Johnny come latelies against the team he won three flags with last year and now this.
you seem to have forgotten that it was us that gave you the start in the VFL/AFL and gave you the opportunities to be as successful as you became. But it seems we were either a means to boost your contract with the druggies whenever it was up for renewal , or we are now just an afterthought In your career.
you will always be a Richmond legend but you can go *smile* yourself for all I care now. Now if I ever hear you say anything remotely positive about us, I’ll be thinking what’s in this for you

end of rant

Reactions: 2 users
Well, if anyone had any doubt about how “close” to Sheedy’s heart Richmond is, then the following should put it to rest . In the HUN today announcing the Dreamtime game in Darwin they had a few quotes from him but one sentence stood out for me and said it all about him.
First supporting the Johnny come latelies against the team he won three flags with last year and now this.
you seem to have forgotten that it was us that gave you the start in the VFL/AFL and gave you the opportunities to be as successful as you became. But it seems we were either a means to boost your contract with the druggies whenever it was up for renewal , or we are now just an afterthought In your career.
you will always be a Richmond legend but you can go *smile* yourself for all I care now. Now if I ever hear you say anything remotely positive about us, I’ll be thinking what’s in this for you

end of rant
I think we've all known a long time now Sheedy is cut out of the family. Quite honestly, the scum can have him & so can the the gi-ants. Dudes a *smile* - a k-mat version of Alex Feguson. History will show that with the team that had the most dominant single season ever, he only managed to win 1 flag.

The blues prelim loss in 99 is one of my favorite non richmond moments ever. Carltons last truly great moment

Reactions: 1 user

end of rant
Sheddy was at the races a few years ago with Rob Wiley, I had a yarn with him and was shocked at how he talked about Richmond.
He is a multiple premiership player, but is not a Richmond man is my take on things.

Sheddy was at the races a few years ago with Rob Wiley, I had a yarn with him and was shocked at how he talked about Richmond.
He is a multiple premiership player, but is not a Richmond man is my take on things.

Sheedy was a great Tiger player. He was a Bummer supporter growing up & when he started coaching them that love was rekindled.
He will always be a Bummers man first & foremost, then a Giant & lastly a Tiger.
He used us many a time to get reappointed at the bummers.

I know quite a few VFL/AFL player who had long & successful careers at one club but still support the club of their youth

Definitely not a Richmond man..... I've heard him say plenty of times that he sees himself as an Essendon man these days... even tho I loved him as a kid, they can have him!
I'm more than happy with the replacement we got from them via Port, courtesy of Sheedy shipping him off. Regardless of where Dimma ends up he'll always be a Richmond man to me.

I know quite a few VFL/AFL player who had long & successful careers at one club but still support the club of their youth

Hope Damien is having a socially distanced chat to Hodgy while he's up there to rekindle his childhood dream of getting to Tigerland!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Appears to be going ahead according to the Round 13 fixture released today.

Makes little sense to have 9 days to our Gold Coast match, then a 5-day break to the Darwin match potentially played in high temperatures and high humidity.

I hope and expect we will finally be given the bye in Round 14.

Appears to be going ahead according to the Round 13 fixture released today.

Makes little sense to have 9 days to our Gold Coast match, then a 5-day break to the Darwin match potentially played in high temperatures and high humidity.

I hope and expect we will finally be given the bye in Round 14.

Yep, our bye will be round 14 for sure