Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Apart from playing bloody well , appears to have taken on more of a leadership role the last fortnight ,

Great to see

Dont Argue said:
Re playing injured: Last years Preliminary final v Collingwood ring a bell?
All due respect, most players play sore or niggled with some type of injury. Clubs don't highlight those types of injuries if the player is fit enough to take the field. Pain killers applied in generous helpings at most clubs, usually at the insistence of the players themselves. The champions want to play.
It's not unrealistic expectations to note that Dusty has lost some explosiveness. I'm not talking fend offs or 30 game possessions. I'm talking about the decline in two of his greatest weapons. Explosiveness and lateral movement.
I also wonder why he doesn't kick on his left anymore. Lack of core stability on his right side perhaps?
All theoretical but something seems different to me and obviously other naysayers on here. We still love him and he's not playing terribly. But he's capable of tearing games apart, like Fyfe, Cripps and Bontempeli. We want that guy back.

Gonna admit you’ve been making *smile* up?

Dont Argue said:
You can’t see his lack of dynamic lateral movement power where he used to pull away from congestion at will?
Should have gone to spec Savers!

Your expert eyes see an injured dusty today?

Can’t wait till he gets better.

He clearly enjoyed having a tap Ruckman in the middle, hit the the clearances with pace.
Soldo gave our midfield a different look today, lots of first use.
It was great to see the Dusty burst back in action.

The Big Richo said:
Seriously, the bloke has a nice fat contract now and he couldn't care less about footy.

No appetite for the game, no interest. He is just turning up to cash a pay cheque each week.

Now that he has had a good week is it possible to trade him to make room for another pick in the mid season draft?

C'mpn Richo, you're takin the p!ss.