Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Bizzbizz said:
Thing that impressed me the most about dusty was that he knows the big fella lynch is struggling a bit so when he kicks the 3rd he gets all the boys in to pump him up and make him feel the love come along way has our dusty

Me too. Loved his game but his leadership for TL was the highlight for me.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
This
Ghost of 29 said:
Me too. Loved his game but his leadership for TL was the highlight for me.
+
I was impressed by a couple of other things yesterday too, when interviewed post game he sort of sounded different, which I know might be a ridiculous comment, just appeared to be really focused and switched on. Also after the interview he appeared to be doing a lot of the talking when the group came back together. Regardless of whether it was gameday stuff or organising Grigga's send off, I reckon it shows how far he's come. Sort of makes me think if we ever needed another one to step up to lead the team..... why couldn't it be Dustin?
(Btw not wishing Sheeda ill will, doing a great job!)

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Liked this paragraph in an article today by Michael Gleeson in The Age:

"The question of Martin’s form this year was more pertinent when other stars were out. As Rance and Riewoldt and Cotchin dropped away by the week more was expected of the last member of their fab four. As a solo act he was proving no John Lennon. Yesterday he penned Imagine."

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Tenacious said:

"The question of Martin’s form this year was more pertinent when other stars were out. As Rance and Riewoldt and Cotchin dropped away by the week more was expected of the last member of their fab four. As a solo act he was proving no John Lennon. Yesterday he penned Imagine."

Ha ha that's awesome.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
MD Jazz said:
Gonna admit you’ve been making sh!t up?

Think you have comprehension difficulties.
Read what everyone else had been saying about him.
Everyone is saying he’s back. What do you think that means?
I’ll spell it out for you. He hasn’t been playing to the standard we all think he’s capable of, except for you.
He did yesterday and we’re all wrapt. To me he didn’t look to be physically right.
How is that making *smile* up??
Goose of the week.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
I just like that he's getting a lot of time in the middle. It's such a waste having him more than 5 minutes/qtr at full forward.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Tenacious said:

I prefered his song "Yesterday"

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Tenacious said:

It certainly was a vibrant performance.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
tigertim said:
I thought you were going to say you preferred his song “Piano man”.

"Piano Man" is one of his classic, can't deny that.

Lennon, Damn great songwriter.
I always wonder what would have happened if the Stones stayed together.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Tenacious said:

Good sports writing is so rare these days. That’s brilliant by Gleeson. And spot on.

caspar

We won!!!!!
Jun 8, 2006
Melbourne
se7en said:
"Piano Man" is one of his classic, can't deny that.

Lennon, Damn great songwriter.
I always wonder what would have happened if the Stones stayed together.

Have you forgotten Gangnam Style already? What a comeback!

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
The Big Richo said:
I've worked out what sparked Dustin's game on the weekend.

I believe in light of his decision to end a lucrative deal with Puma early and renegotiate his footwear sponsorship, he intends to do the same with Richmond.

I suspect in the next month he will request to dissolve his contract and after sparking a rich vein of form, will renegotiate and take a longer deal on more money.

Given he is motivated only by the size of his contract and stops trying once it is signed it is the only logical explanation for his form.

Poor man’s Zips

amc11

Tiger Rookie
Dec 7, 2018
The Big Richo said:
I've worked out what sparked Dustin's game on the weekend.

I believe in light of his decision to end a lucrative deal with Puma early and renegotiate his footwear sponsorship, he intends to do the same with Richmond.

I suspect in the next month he will request to dissolve his contract and after sparking a rich vein of form, will renegotiate and take a longer deal on more money.

Given he is motivated only by the size of his contract and stops trying once it is signed it is the only logical explanation for his form.

:rofl :blah :rofl

Speaking of footwear, any idea why the media are so fascinated with whichever boots Dustin decides to wear from game to game ?

Picking up the 10 coaches votes this week makes Dustin Martin equal with Dane Swan for the number of perfect 10 AFL Coaches votes at the MCG according to Swamp on twitter. https://twitter.com/sirswampthing/status/1130353855932223489