Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Didn’t want to start a new thread, so will post it here. Brett Deledio and Luke Ball had their All Australian teams on ABC radio today. Dusty alone made Balls team. None made Lid’s team. Interesting I thought. Would be quite the insight if the coaches named theirs. Wonder how close the coaches team and the “experts” teams would be. I’d guess a million miles apart.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Pretty sure I read on twitter that Martin has never had a game of less than 10 possessions. Which means from a debut game he is something like a 100 games better than whoever has the next best streak.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Pretty sure I read on twitter that Martin has never had a game of less than 10 possessions. Which means from a debut game he is something like a 100 games better than whoever has the next best streak.

Yeah. 240 game Streak of 10+ possessions. 2nd place is around the 150 mark I think.

Reactions: 1 user
Imagine how he'll be when he stops waddling?

• Haha
Not according to that cringeworthy promo Fox are running for the finals.... GA jnr holding a goat.... dunno if the goat was supposed to be his oldman..... on a number of levels!

Maybe he’s a Mason....

• Haha
That’s correct.

Like all great champions, Dusty has developed the only weakness in his game over the last few years, overhead marking.

Dusty was always an elite one on one mark, using his superior body strength and judgment to hold out opponents and mark the ball inside 50. Now dusty has also added the jumping overhead mark to his arsenal.

What a privilege it is to watch this All time great strut his stuff in September

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Waiting for him to stand on that big Lions Frankenstein mofo's head and we can all die and go to heaven.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Like all great champions, Dusty has developed the only weakness in his game over the last few years, overhead marking.
For me Dusty's only weakness has been his short passing. It can still be his weakness now but there are games where when he isn't quite on song, multiple times in that same game his short passes miss the mark and can result in turnover goals. He has improved in this area but it can still be a weakness. His long passing is never an issue. Whenever I see Dusty hit a good short pass, I know he is going to have the perfect game.

He's ramping up for finals. Reckon Neale will have that big head for next Friday waddling around as the "best player in the comp".

Dusty - here, hold my beer, you are about to see something special

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I love how even when he rolls it he gets it to bounce up into Jack's hands at the right time. Freak.