Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
When the Tiger King retires, his career highlights DVD is gonna be a box set on its own.

Gun, absolutely imperious player when he decides its time to take action.

How blessed we all are he is a Tiger and that he formed such a great bond with Cotch and Dimma to keep him focussed.

You hear stories of old timers recounting the deeds of the likes of Coleman, Farmer and Coventry and Hudson, Skilton and Baldock.

I'm grateful I've been able to watch the the entire career of the great Dustin Martin, and look forward to recounting more stories of his deeds.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Looking forward to Dusty's 2020 highlights package.
How many goal of the year contenders would there be? More in one season than Dangefield's total career.

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Other than the goal, my favourite takeaway is the squib marking effort by Stanley. Sums up the second half. We were in their heads.

Yeah, all on his own and drops it, then Dusty through some feat of mental telepathy casually intercepts the handpass and kicks goal of the GF. Stanley you poor bastard.

Reactions: 2 users

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
When the Tiger King retires, his career highlights DVD is gonna be a box set on its own.

Gun, absolutely imperious player when he decides its time to take action.

How blessed we all are he is a Tiger and that he formed such a great bond with Cotch and Dimma to keep him focussed.

You hear stories of old timers recounting the deeds of the likes of Coleman, Farmer and Coventry and Hudson, Skilton and Baldock.

I'm grateful I've been able to watch the the entire career of the great Dustin Martin, and look forward to recounting more stories of his deeds.
In 50 years time we’ll be fighting with the younguns on this board on how Dusty was so much better than the androids playing today

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Lethal apparently said “ well put it this way - Dusty is the only player I don’t get insulted being compared to.”

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Lets see, Melbourne had 2 picks before us and didn't select him.
That has to be the worse draft blunder now.
Thats number 1.

Reactions: 3 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Lethal apparently said “ well put it this way - Dusty is the only player I don’t get insulted being compared to.”
Nice. But how does Dusty feel being compared to anyone?
think he is now in his own league

• Love

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Imagine we will never see anyone do (or even have the opportunity) to do what he has done. We are privleged and I am forever grateful for Jordy McMahon slotting that goal.

If I am Tom Stewart, I would be embarrassed that Kolodjad was chosen for the job in front of me. I'm a multiple AA defender. That the coach didn't ask the AA defender to step up and earn his rep shows what they really think of his defensive capabilities.

You ask a bottom six player to defend the greatest finals player of all time?

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
To be fair you are better off trying to stop the ball going anywhere near Dusty than trying to stop him when it is near.

DS

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
To be fair you are better off trying to stop the ball going anywhere near Dusty than trying to stop him when it is near.

DS
What a player we have. Simply the best and better than the rest. Favourite moment .... getting rid of dangerfield and kicking that impossible goal.

• Love

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
what can you say?
shows the way and that energy feeds the team, it's a beautiful thing to watch
Cotch does it as well, but differently.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
When hes on in big games there always comes the big moment where he takes control and from there on he just takes the pisss :))

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
All i remember of Lethal is a bloke that went the fist when things weren't going right.
The best player ever isn't him,
The media have labelled him the best ever, Barassi has him covered.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Lets see, Melbourne had 2 picks before us and didn't select him.
That has to be the worse draft blunder now.
Thats number 1.
I'm sure I've read that Melbourne didn't even interview him. Would we have taken him if we had pick 1?

• Wow

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I'm sure I've read that Melbourne didn't even interview him. Would we have taken him if we had pick 1?

We already had the classy mid in Cotch the year before we were after a bull mid, we spoke to Cunnington too.
But all i remember it was Dusty or Trengrove.
But as supporters we were rapt to get Martin.