Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Michael Zerafa calling out Martin for a boxing match, what an absolute wanker. Has Dustin Martin ever purported to be a boxer, has Dustin Martin ever called you a wanker even though you are by calling out a guy that is not a boxer or even tried to pretend he is one in his own game. Typical moron boxer trying for wanker headlines, sounds like he needs a pay packet after flogging the previous wanker. Some Australian boxers used to let their gloves do the talking now they are like the wanker brigade from the US being all mouth and hoping to win to back up their outlandish statements.
Ok wanker Zerafa, come play a game on the ‘G’ in the heat of the battle. Yeah right, duck out of water. Idiot, rant over, now ignore.
Good rant. Zefara has probably not stood next to Dusty. Zefara is 182 and 70 kg. Dusty is 187 and 93kg. One punch from Dusty given the strength of his don’t argues would knock Zefara into next week. Besides Dusty has lightning reflexes. Zefara is a pissant.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Wow watched the game on TV for the first time. How *smile*' fit is Dusty? And his explosiveness has definitely improved, he was burning off opponents at will. Defensively brilliant too. Keeps up this form and he's unbeatable for the Brownlow.

Reactions: 1 user

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Michael Zerafa calling out Martin for a boxing match, what an absolute wanker. Has Dustin Martin ever purported to be a boxer, has Dustin Martin ever called you a wanker even though you are by calling out a guy that is not a boxer or even tried to pretend he is one in his own game. Typical moron boxer trying for wanker headlines, sounds like he needs a pay packet after flogging the previous wanker. Some Australian boxers used to let their gloves do the talking now they are like the wanker brigade from the US being all mouth and hoping to win to back up their outlandish statements.
Ok wanker Zerafa, come play a game on the ‘G’ in the heat of the battle. Yeah right, duck out of water. Idiot, rant over, now ignore.

Rumours there is history between the two that involves a girl.

The girls love dusty :)

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Wow watched the game on TV for the first time. How *smile*' fit is Dusty? And his explosiveness has definitely improved, he was burning off opponents at will. Defensively brilliant too. Keeps up this form and he's unbeatable for the Brownlow.
Plenty of competition apparently. ....
What about Dustin Petracca and Dustin DeGoey. .....?
It appears Dustin Dangerfield may be slightly ineligible for the award as I write!

Reactions: 1 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Just when we think Dusty has reached his peak he goes up another level.
I'm going to say it before he goes on and on about it at 11am, or whenever the Nine Footy show starts. But I'm starting to really detest Kane Cornes.

Yes, i understand he's a clickbait seeker in the media. Get it all - SEN have given him a big voice as someone who makes the big calls! And Nine too. I gte he has to earn a living like the rest of us.

BUT, he is really pissing me off the way he is talking about Dusty and how 'other teams' / David Teague just let him run around doing his own thing. Its disparaging to just how great a player Dusty is - how smart, how prepared, how talented. Of course Dusty has some of the opposition spooked. Even Justin Leppitsch said that on Crunch time yesterday. But so did Ablett Snr, Carey and Franklin - they have spooked the opposition at times. Because they were/are GREAT players. Not b/c their opposition let them run around without much heat.

It totally bugs me because it's Cornes' way of talking Dusty down. I could go on and on amount what he is trying to do in 'talking Dusty down' but it kinda pisses me off!

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
I'm going to say it before he goes on and on about it at 11am, or whenever the Nine Footy show starts. But I'm starting to really detest Kane Cornes.

Yes, i understand he's a clickbait seeker in the media. Get it all - SEN have given him a big voice as someone who makes the big calls! And Nine too. I gte he has to earn a living like the rest of us.

BUT, he is really pissing me off the way he is talking about Dusty and how 'other teams' / David Teague just let him run around doing his own thing. Its disparaging to just how great a player Dusty is - how smart, how prepared, how talented. Of course Dusty has some of the opposition spooked. Even Justin Leppitsch said that on Crunch time yesterday. But so did Ablett Snr, Carey and Franklin - they have spooked the opposition at times. Because they were/are GREAT players. Not b/c their opposition let them run around without much heat.

It totally bugs me because it's Cornes' way of talking Dusty down. I could go on and on amount what he is trying to do in 'talking Dusty down' but it kinda pisses me off!

Change the channel or turn off Bob, i dont listen or watch programs that i dont enjoy, similarly i dont eat pizza with pinneapple...

Reactions: 4 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Probably been said before - but watching him again the other night I'm struck by the fact that he is so sure footed and basically his feet are always planted on the ground. Now that might be a particularly dumb thing to say.

But what I mean is that he rarely has to leap and takes most of his marks with his feet firmly planted to give him strength in the contest.
We know that he breaks tackles and keeps his feet better than probably anyone going round.
And in those odd occasions when he ends up being knocked over or falls to the ground - he is just so bloody quick to get back up and regain his feet and balance and composure.

Reactions: 2 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD

He did call Dust the best player in 100 years. But yeah Kornholio is a media big noting loud mouth.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
He did call Dust the best player in 100 years. But yeah Kornholio is a media big noting loud mouth.
Surely not even Kornes can think that coaches just ‘let’ Dusty do his own thing. He’s just that good. That’s one of the things that makes Dusty so great, no one can work out how to stop him. It’s the same with all of the genuine greats. In their prime, they are almost impossible to stop.

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
It’s pretty simple - Dusty is so unique it makes a match up almost impossible. Coaches have tried and tried. Midfielder tags him - he goes fwd and they are out of their depth. He goes fwd and they play a defender on him - he drifts up onto the ball and the defender is then out of their depth. He also does all off this off his own bat - which makes it almost impossible to predict and coach against. Dimma has said it countless times - he lets Dusty go wherever Dusty reckons he needs to be.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Dusty will give Hocking what he asked for this year - more Dusty moments

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Surely not even Kornes can think that coaches just ‘let’ Dusty do his own thing. He’s just that good. That’s one of the things that makes Dusty so great, no one can work out how to stop him. It’s the same with all of the genuine greats. In their prime, they are almost impossible to stop.
My first thought was Carltoon tried to zone Martin out. Have a couple players near him and try and gang tackle him.
Sadly none of could get near him.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Isn’t that how he won his three Norm Smiths? Coach’s didn’t put any thought or time into him...

Reactions: 3 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
It's not just the moron Cornes sounding off on how to stop Dusty -

Jordan Lewis says " You need a junkyard dog on him..."
Brad Johnson, ".. you need a scragger ... up in his grill..."

thanks for the insights Brad and Jordan I'm surprised yr not coaching

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

mainlandy

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2004
Mont Albert
It's not just the moron Cornes sounding off on how to stop Dusty -

Jordan Lewis says " You need a junkyard dog on him..."
Brad Johnson, ".. you need a scragger ... up in his grill..."

thanks for the insights Brad and Jordan I'm surprised yr not coaching
Jordan Lewis seriously, he thinks he knows everything because he has only recently retired, really don't like his opinions on the game. He has a little segment with Gary and Tim on Friday mornings, what a snore fest

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Jordan Lewis seriously, he thinks he knows everything because he has only recently retired, really don't like his opinions on the game. He has a little segment with Gary and Tim on Friday mornings, what a snore fest
Lewis is another one who provides zero quality to football analysis