Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Or he just needs a rest, playing Rd 1 would have been hard for him - first game I reckon he has played without his dad watching.

Let’s see what happens.

Reactions: 1 users
Not just losing his Dad, that injury last year was extremely dangerous to his health.
That said I really hope you're wrong. The thought of not seeing Dusty play anymore is hard to bear.
Got over Tross to the tune of two more flags. Life goes on.

Retiring ? Pffft. Put in one of his biggest pre seasons after his father passed. Word was that he was never so determined.

Certainly looked up and about last week.

Reactions: 2 users
I don't normally put much stock in rumours but my Aunt (of all people) messaged my Dad who relayed to me that he'd heard a retirement rumour. My Dad doesn't normally have much in the way of "tidbits" so, when he does, I normally take notice.

What he said was that Dusty was allegedly told to "get his head out of his ass" (no idea by who) and cracked it, and has decided to walk away from the club/from footy.

I dunno, I can't imagine anyone at the club saying that to Dusty almost ever, at least not since 2017, and certainly not given what he is going through. We'll see I suppose, but this is all pretty *smile* :(

It's 12 years today that the great, great man made his debut for the Mighty Tigers, and what a superstar he has turned out to be.

There is no rush Dusty, get yourself back to your old self, they're a lot of people who care about you so much.

Reactions: 2 users
If he's going to retire, I'd prefer he takes time away from the game first. Then at the end of the year, after we trade him to Norf for pick 1, he can ride off into the sunset.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Maybe it's me being selfish but I can't see the champ pulling the pin yet.

Reactions: 1 user
If he's going to retire, I'd prefer he takes time away from the game first. Then at the end of the year, after we trade him to Norf for pick 1, he can ride off into the sunset.
Bite your tongue Spooky one.
No way should he be anything but a Tiger for life.
North??? or any other team for that matter.
No matter what he decides to do, just pray it does not end up with him at another club.

I've got a feeling that he prefers Sydney over Melbourne.
Any opportunity he gets he is there.
I wouldn't be shocked if his last years are in red & white.
Sydney loves the crowd puller

• Dislike

IF he did retire,

I want him playing the French Open,

and beating Nadal in straight sets in the final,

and Ash winning the Norm Smith

• Haha
Retiring ? Pffft. Put in one of his biggest pre seasons after his father passed. Word was that he was never so determined.

Certainly looked up and about last week.
I thought the season had started? Feels like the off season where we have nothing to talk about.

unlike Rance - he lives for football. The last few months would have added enormous weight on him dealing with such a tragic loss. Wait and see what happens.

From my source:
Dusty will be having 2-3 months off at this stage.
Struggling for motivation since his dad died. Not in the right headspace to be playing football and needs a break to rediscover his passion. Nothing more sinister than that.
The same guy told me 6 weeks ago he wasn’t right. He was trying to push through but it’s got too much.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users