Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

I assume Aston got great joy from seeing how happy his exploits made his Dad.
You would see the brief interviews he gave (mainly to Richo) he would finish with Love you Dad.
Now he doesn't have that.

I hope he and his two brothers can get through this together.

It's a big thing not being able to say I Love You Dad!
It's something I can't say either.
God I miss him.

I think Dusty has great love for his team mates and wouldn't want to leave them in the lurch.
I think he will play.
Maybe he doesn't do much around the club weekdays and then just plays.

Reactions: 3 users
We'll wait and see but it would be a surprise if the club knew this was on the cards and still named him in the team to play Sunday.

If that’s true DA & I have no reason to doubt you then he’s just about done. *smile*.
Seems to think he will come back but there’s the possibility that he can’t rekindle the drive.
A lot of his reason to play after winning all the accolades was for his Dad and the ability to financially support him. Now that he’s gone, there’s a void.

If he retires that's one thing.

But I will be fuming if he was to make a comeback with another team.

I hope the rumour is exactly that, just a rumour . But Dusty has given more joy to me watching footy than anyone, I won’t begrudge him trying to find the path to happiness. Imagine if he plays Sunday and has a pearler, legendary stuff.

Reactions: 4 users
I hope the rumour is exactly that, just a rumour . But Dusty has given more joy to me watching footy than anyone, I won’t begrudge him trying to find the path to happiness. Imagine if he plays Sunday and has a pearler, legendary stuff.
Confirmed not playing unfortunately scooper

One of my sporting hero's alongside Air Jordan and Shane Warne.

Has given me enough footy memories to last me till my grave.

Takes about 3 months for the loss of a parent to hit home. The first 3 months you are just trying to process it all and have people offering support and the like. After 3 months this support reduces and it is then that the full impact of the loss hits home.

Thinking that is where Dusty is right now.

Reactions: 5 users
RICHMOND v GWS GIANTS

Sunday March 27, 3:20pm at the MCG

TIGERS

B: D.Grimes, R.Tarrant, J.Gibcus

HB: J.Short, D.Rioli, N.Broad

C: K.McIntosh, T.Cotchin, M.Pickett

HF: J.Castagna, L.Baker, S.Edwards

F: T.Lynch, M.Parker, N.Balta

FOLL: I.Soldo, J.Ross, T.Dow

I/C (from): T.Nankervis, J.Castagna, J.Graham, H.Ralphsmith

EMG: R.Mansell, M.Rioli, J.Aarts, W.Martyn

IN: K.McIntosh, M.Parker, T.Dow

OUT: J.Riewoldt, D.Prestia (both injured), D.Martin (personal leave), J.Aarts (omitted)

GIANTS

B: C.Idun, P.Davis, I.Cumming

HB: L.Whitfield, S.Taylor, H.Perryman

C: X.O’Halloran, C.Ward, L.Ash

HF: T.Taranto, H.Himmelberg, T.Green

F: B.Hill, J.Riccardi, D.Lloyd

FOLL: M.Flynn, S.Coniglio, J.Kelly

I/C: J.Brander, T.Bruhn, J.Hogan, N.Haynes

EMG: B.Preuss, M.de Boer, L.Keeffe, J.Peatling

IN: BJ.Hogan, N.Haynes

OUT: L.Hopper, M.de Boer (both omitted), J.Hopper (managed)

Last edited:
They will smash us in the midfield without Dusty and Prestia. At least Hopper is out. It could get really ugly around the contest.