Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
I get the Martin comments... The Pickett comment in 360 - :unsure:. Reverse psychology or as some have mention on too many CBD oil drops (my son takes this for severe epilepsy - no THC that gives you the high in the oil - as many would already know)

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Bloody hell Dimma first you say Marlion can't get off at tribunal and now Dusty can go WTF?? We need to get Dimma off the marijuana now!!

At least Dimma can answer the 'gotcha' questions.....:mhihi

It's no official statement from Dimma or Duz, but Dimma said "I hope not" after the journalist asked if there would be a 'scenario' on Duz wanting to leave. Dimma can't hold him as hostage. Even we endorsed on here for Duz to leave if we wants to. Another beat-up article to earn a daily wage....

Personally, I don't mind if he picks GWS as they are no rival to us.

Reactions: 1 user

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
He clearly ripped a bong before going on.

Also, whether or not he has Dimma's 'blessing' is absolutely irrelevant. If he does want to leave, the club needs to do the best thing for itself. No one is bigger than the club.
Prepping us perhaps???? A bit out of left field but it would free up some$

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Prepping us perhaps???? A bit out of left field but it would free up some$
Be asking a lot for another club to pick him up, especially while he’s still under contract to us. We’d be entitled to require them to pay the full whack of his salary, then there’s what we’d also expect in return in terms of picks and/or players. If it’s after his contract then he’s 2 years older and closer to retirement. His supposed preferred destination of Sydney probably wouldn’t be the only ones to throw their hat in the ring, either.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
thought Dimmas words were sweet and very reasonable and doesn't mean that Martin is leaving
what else is he going to say? Yeah F Off !?
considering the story that has surrounded Dusty this year and the crappy media hunger, what Dimma said used the gentleness required and I'm sure Dusty appreciated it

Reactions: 10 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Gill will be licking the office chairs overs that statement.
"Dusty to Sydney, that can be my legacy"

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
At least Dimma can answer the 'gotcha' questions.....:mhihi

It's no official statement from Dimma or Duz, but Dimma said "I hope not" after the journalist asked if there would be a 'scenario' on Duz wanting to leave. Dimma can't hold him as hostage. Even we endorsed on here for Duz to leave if we wants to. Another beat-up article to earn a daily wage....

Personally, I don't mind if he picks GWS as they are no rival to us.
Every Richmonds face after reading the headline
download.jpg

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
He didn’t say anything different to the discussion on this board. He owes us nothing. We will always be grateful. Everyone acknowledges that. If he goes, he goes and he goes with best wishes.

Better to do it with two years remaining on a contract. We get unprecedented cap space and, most likely, a couple of juicy draft picks to super-charge the rebuild.

We win either way.

My opinion? He will be a Tiger for life.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
If he goes he goes. Sad but he wouldn't be first and won't be last. *smile* happens. Just hope we get something in return.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Devils advocate and its not far fetched imo.

Is there actually an undercurrent of some skullduggery and shenanigans going on here with the assistance of the AFL to get him to Sydney?

I wouldnt be surprised for a story about nothing all of a sudden to nigh on explode into a narrative across all media outlets.

They want a marquee in Sydney to take over from Franklin and I reckon they've picked their man.

I no longer have any faith or belief that the AFL is nothing more than a hijacked, corrupted and contrived operation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Dusty has my blessing to go to sydney too.

But ill never fuckingwell watch a game of footy again

If he does

Reactions: 7 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I heard the Hardwick interview. I think we are being too hard on what he said. Hardwick starts off with a big no to the question. The media again have edited it to suit their narrative.

Reactions: 14 users

immorta

~~we are eternal all this pain is an illusion~~
Mar 31, 2005
Melbourne
If Dusty leaves us as a contracted player you would think that the deal to get it across the line could potentially set us up for sustained success in the future.

If he stays we still have the champ running out for us in the yellow and black.

Don't get me wrong, I want Dusty to stay, but the rational side of my brain tells me which ever way it goes it is a win for us.

Reactions: 2 users