Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Sam Mcclure now given up on his lies of Dusty to Sydney and is now spruiking for a move to the suns. No wonder this *smile* had to give his media award back a couple of years ago after being found to have written a pile of horse**** about the crows preseason camp.

"Dusty might go to Sydney because he has family ties there.”

OK, so I guess you can speculate this on a quiet news day as he has family ties there.

"Dusty might go to Gold Coast because… because… I need a new story to remain relevant.”

Reactions: 1 user

OK, so I guess you can speculate this on a quiet news day as he has family ties there.

"Dusty might go to Gold Coast because… because… I need a new story to remain relevant.”
I thought most of his family still lived in Castlemaine.

Reactions: 1 users
McClure tomorrow:

"Dusty might go to Castlemaine.... If the deal is right"

What a spud. Disgrace to actual journalists. Of which the AFL employ exactly ZERO
The media across all avenues are nothing short of propaganda outlets spreading the Narratives they are being paid to spread. Be it truth or fiction it doesn't matter.

Reactions: 2 users
Usually where there's smoke there's fire but it seems to me the only fire with this whole story is the hopeless journos lighting each other's farts

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Other clubs ice their players when they’ve injured it’s negligence by our medical staff including lynch who did it the week after
I’ve spoken to a number of physios who reckon the icing of soft tissue injuries is outdated practice that has no ability to reduce healing time. I asked them why are all the AFL clubs still doing it then. They haven‘t been able to come up with a reason other than it takes time to change practices and no harm is being done, so maybe no one wants to be the first.

I looked into it a bit and found an article which had the bloke who invented the I.C.E. acronym saying that he no longer thought the ice part was necessary.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
As much as I'd hate to lose Dusty he could be losing 5 or 6 premiership team mates this year due to retirement or go home factor so that's a reason he might choose to leave. He is more valuable to us now for draft picks and trades than when he's 2 years older and possibly more banged up. I'd be happy what ever he chooses to do.

Meh.
Totally over the meedjia hype n constant dribble about Dusty will he or won't he. I'll worry about the Dusty one next time he pulls the boots on, until then I'll worry about the blokes that are actually playing week to week n keep hoping that we can somehow cobble together enough wins to have another crack at finals.

Might be harsh n disrespective of much loved champions of the club, but blokes who aren't playing at the moment can't help us and are temporarily next to irrelevant.

Reactions: 1 users
I’ve spoken to a number of physios who reckon the icing of soft tissue injuries is outdated practice that has no ability to reduce healing time. I asked them why are all the AFL clubs still doing it then. They haven‘t been able to come up with a reason other than it takes time to change practices and no harm is being done, so maybe no one wants to be the first.

I looked into it a bit and found an article which had the bloke who invented the I.C.E. acronym saying that he no longer thought the ice part was necessary.
old habits die hard , I remember playing rugby in the 70s and early 80s and you if went down injured someone would run out with a bucket of water and a sponge ,

putting a steak on a black eye was a beauty too :)

Reactions: 2 users

Family ties ???? . Think there in dispute you may find
Either he honours his 2 years or retires more than likely
Definitely not Swans
GWS little chance but more chance than Swans . Dusty and Toby close

It’s an interesting rare win/win scenario… he’s stays we still have dusty on the park, he leaves we get cap space and most likely some picks…. Interesting times. Worst outcome is retirement

It’s an interesting rare win/win scenario… he’s stays we still have dusty on the park, he leaves we get cap space and most likely some picks…. Interesting times. Worst outcome is retirement
Because of his salary we’re not going to get great picks. The only ‘benefit’ is cap space, so more money to pay players who will never be as good as he was.

Because of his salary we’re not going to get great picks. The only ‘benefit’ is cap space, so more money to pay players who will never be as good as he was.
Unless we pay most of his salary which effectively would be the closest thing to buying draft picks. Which could be a very worthwhile investment if he is determined to leave.

Unless we pay most of his salary which effectively would be the closest thing to buying draft picks. Which could be a very worthwhile investment if he is determined to leave.
Dusty is not going anywhere!!! As reiterated by Dimma today and Benny on Friday he is a Tiger for life ! Time to stop the rumours and start paying respect to one of the greatest players to ever pull on the yellow and Black!!!

Reactions: 12 users
Dusty is not going anywhere!!! As reiterated by Dimma today and Benny on Friday he is a Tiger for life ! Time to stop the rumours and start paying respect to one of the greatest players to ever pull on the yellow and Black!!!
Yep, just cause the meeja are pushing this barrow, doesn't mean there is anything in it

Reactions: 1 user
Whatever happens, if he leaves we must make sure we are properly compensated. It was one thing to let players like Ellis, Butler, Higgins, Chol go for packets of chips, but we can't let Dusty walk for a slightly bigger bag of chips regardless of what the salary situation is, we just can't.

He's one of the best players to ever play the game, potentially has years of good footy ahead of him, and could propel his destination team into more finals, potentially premierships, and either way much more revenue.

We should be demanding high-end picks and players.