Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

It is up to Dusty in what he wants for his future. He owes us nothing and we have to learn to live without him sooner or later but while he still plays in yellow and black he is ours
True but I'd rather learn to live without the Tiger King after his contract has expired .

I couldn't do footy with the GOAT at another club.

Reactions: 1 users
3 weeks to go then a week off before finals. Gives Dusty 4 weeks for it to heal and get strong enough to play with the dynamic power we love to see. Keep him until the finals.

Reactions: 1 user
Seriously Burge is saying Dustys hamstring is tricky and he may not be back this year.
Just does not add up....smells fishy to me.
He probably needed more initial rest, allowing it to heal before stressing it with harder work. But hindsight speculation is so easy and the player will always be pushing it to get back.

The media have already won. Richmond and probably some opposition supporters listening to radio stations, buying newspapers and watching tv shows to see what is going to happen means they sell more advertising. He is contracted for two more years and hasn’t stopped any of this *smile* or people getting sucked into it.
Maybe even the advertisers on PRE are happy with the myriad of posts on here talking about Dusty staying or not staying, not to mention the ongoing eulogies and reverential blessings.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
He probably needed more initial rest, allowing it to heal before stressing it with harder work. But hindsight speculation is so easy and the player will always be pushing it to get back.
Thought we had the highest quality performance and injury staff? They would surely be onto players who were pushing to get back too quick?

We can blame the media for the hyperbole on Dusty if you want but it was Dimma who started all this with the "he goes with our blessing" trash. That's where the fingers should be pointing. And because of that there will always be a view that the club is aware of something from Dusty and he may want to leave. This all came from us, its internal noise. Media ran with it....but Dimma started the fire. Where there is smoke there is fire. If you wan to believe it's just a hammy that needs more time, good - great. But geez, i couldn't blame anyone for thinking it was something more fishy behind it....

I hope he stays, I think his reputation does diminish slightly if he goes elsewhere. Multiple 1st's and players if traded is not going to happen. he is not same player. Today's Dusty is more valuable to us then other clubs imo.

Have tried to stand on the sidelines on this recently but there are only
1) he signed a big contract for 7 years. I don't believe in this owes us nothing line. He owes us two more years.
2) he is our only hope for the miracle needed for us to win the flag this year. That's why he doesn't go anywhere else with my blessing.

(Not sure why people are so content that he is not playing for us much this year or may not be in the future. I am selfish and only think of the thrill I get when Dusty stars and the RFC wins flags)

Reactions: 2 users
We can blame the media for the hyperbole on Dusty if you want but it was Dimma who started all this with the "he goes with our blessing" trash. That's where the fingers should be pointing. And because of that there will always be a view that the club is aware of something from Dusty and he may want to leave. This all came from us, its internal noise. Media ran with it....but Dimma started the fire. Where there is smoke there is fire. If you wan to believe it's just a hammy that needs more time, good - great. But geez, i couldn't blame anyone for thinking it was something more fishy behind it....

I hope he stays, I think his reputation does diminish slightly if he goes elsewhere. Multiple 1st's and players if traded is not going to happen. he is not same player. Today's Dusty is more valuable to us then other clubs imo.
It didn't all start from us, incorrect, it started with media rumours that grew legs, and Dimma responded to that. I disagree that Dimmas comments gave it more legs, what else could he say? no comment? If he wants to go he's contracted and we'll block it? the media would have ran with it regardless.

Reactions: 5 users

Suggest you go and watch training if you think nothing is wrong . He is a month off playing . Very slow jog last Thursday and looked sore as

It's all pointing to him leaving at year's end and we are stage managing it very well to look after a guy who has done everything we could ask.

And that's a-ok with me. How players are looked after on the way out is as important as how you look after them.

Jungle drums are saying a change is happening. Dimma suggested it months ago publicly.

• Dislike
It's all pointing to him leaving at year's end and we are stage managing it very well to look after a guy who has done everything we could ask.

And that's a-ok with me. How players are looked after on the way out is as important as how you look after them.

Jungle drums are saying a change is happening. Dimma suggested it months ago publicly.
According to Jack last night on 365, dusty aint going anywhere

Reactions: 6 users

you reckon the latest injury is a fake, and any signs of it at training has been acting?
doubtful IMO.

It didn't all start from us, incorrect, it started with media rumours that grew legs, and Dimma responded to that. I disagree that Dimmas comments gave it more legs, what else could he say? no comment? If he wants to go he's contracted and we'll block it? the media would have ran with it regardless.
Whatever Dimma said in response to it, the same silly media storm would have resulted.

rather than guess it's probably best to just show the out of sorts champ a bit of respect for what he's going through.