Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Certainly filling up a lot of people’s brain space.

If media gets silence they make *smile* up.

Dusty so rarely talks to the media. Nothing is different to before except the media are writing articles and Dimma consistent with our player first RFC approach backs anyone in with their personal decisions in their best interest (Edwards not going to Hub, chol ccj Ellis markov etc to leave for better ops than rfc could offer in near term )

Can anyone remember when Dusty has ever done an interview for a newspaper or even for an RFC press conference or story?

He did do an interview with Nick Riewoldt on fox footy is all I can remember - imagine jack had a big part in making that happen.

Never seen him talk about his long term intentions.

If he showed up on the front bar and worked with mick to put all the journos under the pump and say they have nothing and of course he isn’t leaving would be great.

But it’s not his MO.

Calm the farm.

Reactions: 3 users
Well, Hardwick thinks he is staying. “No doubt about that. He’s a Richmond man”

Whatever happens, if he leaves we must make sure we are properly compensated. It was one thing to let players like Ellis, Butler, Higgins, Chol go for packets of chips, but we can't let Dusty walk for a slightly bigger bag of chips regardless of what the salary situation is, we just can't.

He's one of the best players to ever play the game, potentially has years of good footy ahead of him, and could propel his destination team into more finals, potentially premierships, and either way much more revenue.

We should be demanding high-end picks and players.
The other guys you mention are different. Higgins and Butler weren’t worth much. Brando was a free agent, and in the cases of he and Chol, we simply couldn’t afford to pay what Gold Coast were willing to, and neither should we. Dusty’s large salary complicates matters for what we can demand. Mind you, I’ve never thought he was leaving. He’ll either stay and play with us, or retire.

What’s happened to the “leaves with our blessing” stuff?… club has locked down on this story recently.
His age, price and injuries this year (not to mention reluctance to promote the club through any media) make him a very risky proposition at 2.8 mill for the next two years in a shrinking economy. Like Grundy, not a great proposition. We have had our value out of Dusty.

Dusty is not going anywhere!!! As reiterated by Dimma today and Benny on Friday he is a Tiger for life ! Time to stop the rumours and start paying respect to one of the greatest players to ever pull on the yellow and Black!!!
Sounds like our asking price was too high to me.

His age, price and injuries this year (not to mention reluctance to promote the club through any media) make him a very risky proposition at 2.8 mill for the next two years in a shrinking economy. Like Grundy, not a great proposition. We have had our value out of Dusty.

What, you can’t see us extending Dusty’s contract through to 2026 - that would royally stick it up the media if it were to happen and I reckon they deserve it 100%.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
What, you can’t see us extending Dusty’s contract through to 2026 - that would royally stick it up the media if it were to happen and I reckon they deserve it 100%.

The media have already won. Richmond and probably some opposition supporters listening to radio stations, buying newspapers and watching tv shows to see what is going to happen means they sell more advertising. He is contracted for two more years and hasn’t stopped any of this *smile* or people getting sucked into it.

The media have already won. Richmond and probably some opposition supporters listening to radio stations, buying newspapers and watching tv shows to see what is going to happen means they sell more advertising. He is contracted for two more years and hasn’t stopped any of this *smile* or people getting sucked into it.

Imho all the Media have done is reinforced the perception that they're a bunch of brain dead cretins who'll stop at nothing to get a "story" happening.

Reactions: 9 users
It is up to Dusty in what he wants for his future. He owes us nothing and we have to learn to live without him sooner or later but while he still plays in yellow and black he is ours

Reactions: 2 users
Apparently some copywriter or contentflabber or something has made up some story about Dustin Martin leaving Richmond. For those of you who haven't come across this drivel yet I'm forewarning you - don't read any of the print on AFL, just the numbers.

I can't bear to think that any of our supporters would let anybody as unscrupulous as the AFL upset them. So, Tigers, heed this warning and ignore their words. All of them.

I have read a little of the work of all of the contentflabbers for that site (and its crony subsidiaries) and can assure the uninitiated that the authors are not just illiterate and dishonest, but the kind who like to take advantage of the susceptible.

Warn your friends. This could get out of hand.

Reactions: 2 users
Maybe Dusty wants out because Castagna has been dropped..
Makes perfect sense, he dosent want to play against Pack buster Georgie

Reactions: 1 users
Seriously Burge is saying Dustys hamstring is tricky and he may not be back this year.
Just does not add up....smells fishy to me.

Reactions: 1 user