Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
It wasn’t an article it was comment at a press conference.
And his mention of “owed Richmond nothing and wouldn’t stand in his way”caused a predictable response from the media and lots of unnecessary headlines detrimental to Dusty, and a needless distraction for the club.
A bad day for all three and I stand by my earlier comment.

The article quoted the press conference.

But keep banging on about it, you're entitled to your opinion I just don't share it.

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
Chl 7 just showed a clip of Brett Deledio saying he is sceptical that Dusty's injury is a hammy and sees similarities with his own injury plagued last season.
Just some more click bait for the media.
I didn’t hear it all, but did he say that he’d already decided and told the club that he wanted a fresh start at another club but thought we should have played him towards the end of the season, hence comparing his situation to dustys?

Either way I always loved lids as a Richmond player, but he’s clearly a bit of a gerbal. He always admitted he was sour about our first premiership, and couldn’t even congratulate the guys who were meant to be his mates, that he’d played with for years. Even though he admits it was his decision to leave.

Reactions: 1 user

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
So Moderator you appear to have crossed out from this file your earlier reference to the fact that he may been using prescribed medication!!
In your own pissy way you appear to be following the cover up tactics seen recently concerning the news about Adelaide. And you are calling me a dope.

On the earlier subject, are you saying Dimma’s remarks were inappropriate but he was having a bad day and because his use was prescribed, we should just forget about the mess he left?

Feel free to quote my post when replying to me.

I'm saying you're blowing his remarks out of proportion and that implying Hardwick must have been stoned to make them simply ridiculous. He was perfectly diplomatic in responding to the question about Dusty leaving, which remains a possibility.

So now you have put them back on the file. What a joke.
Pathetic.

Are you referring to me again here? You referenced a "file" above but I don't understand what you're talking about.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
only losers smoke dope

Reality is for those who can't handle drugs.

But let's get a bit of perspective here. Dimma was asked a question, he answered it honestly saying that Richmond don't stand in the way of any player who really wants out but that Dustin was contracted for the next 2 years at Richmond and is a required player. Clear enough for everyone?

FFS some of the people here are worse than the pathetic AFL Media. Crapping on about a bit of medicinal Mary Jane which is prescribed for a back issue, what's in your pain killers?

Dimma just stated the obvious, the media went apeshit and some on PRE followed suit.

We'll see what happens, hopefully Dustin can recover from his injury and return to the side the champion that he is.

DS

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Feel free to quote my post when replying to me.

I'm saying you're blowing his remarks out of proportion and that implying Hardwick must have been stoned to make them simply ridiculous. He was perfectly diplomatic in responding to the question about Dusty leaving, which remains a possibility.

Are you referring to me again here? You referenced a "file" above but I don't understand what you're talking about.
I didn’t imply he must have been stoned. We had just heard he had been using for medical purposes and it seemed at the time the only logical explanation for his uninvited reference to Dusty’s future after
this season.
As for him being diplomatic are you serious. It was the biggest blue by a coach off the field of play, I venture to say any of us have witnessed.
Nothing to add.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
I didn’t imply he must have been stoned.

I reckon he was on the hooch at the time.

You don't think the above comment implies that he was high, and therefore his judgement was impaired? :rolleyes:

As for him being diplomatic are you serious. It was the biggest blue by a coach off the field of play, I venture to say any of us have witnessed.
Nothing to add.

Yes he was perfectly diplomatic, how else should he have responded?

Reactions: 2 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
[QUOTE="DavidSSS, post: 2805480, member: 8463

……
Dimma just stated the obvious, the media went apeshit and some on PRE followed suit.

We'll see what happens, hopefully Dustin can recover from his injury and return to the side the champion that he is.

DS
[/QUOTE]
You have to be kidding. It certainly wasn’t obvious to the media or those who support every other club.
Suddenly the best player in the league with nearly three years to run on his contract, was gettable.
Suddenly everyone was speculating how it could be done, how much it would cost, all putting further pressure on him at a time he was deeply upset following the loss of his closest friend.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Why are people attacking each other?
Dusty will decide what he wants to do in 8 weeks time.
He stays we keep a legend.
He decides to leave, we thank him and wish him well.
The club is in a very strong position it's not Richmond of 1989.

Reactions: 14 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
You don't think the above comment implies that he was high, and therefore his judgement was impaired? :rolleyes:

Yes he was perfectly diplomatic, how else should he have responded?
As I said it seemed the only explanation for what he had done. New user error on how and when to use? If that was the explanation no problem if he had come out then and said so I would not have been troubled. Mistakes happen.
But no it took Brendon to come out months later to clarify before the media began to back off, and in the meantime Dusty was simply left to cope.

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
This.
It’s not an issue either way.
He wants to leave? That’s fine. We should ask for something decent for him, and we shed his salary. He’s barely played all year anyway, it’s not the end of the world.
He wants to stay? That’s fine too. Next year even as a 70% of dusty at his best he’s still above a lot of the competition.

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
The things they can do with special effects these days..they can make it seem like he injured a hammy half way through his best game of the season & make it seem like the club's orchestrating a move to Sydney.
Truly amazing.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
[QUOTE="DavidSSS, post: 2805480, member: 8463

……

DS
You have to be kidding. It certainly wasn’t obvious to the media or those who support every other club.
Suddenly the best player in the league with nearly three years to run on his contract, was gettable.
Suddenly everyone was speculating how it could be done, how much it would cost, all putting further pressure on him at a time he was deeply upset following the loss of his closest friend.
[/QUOTE]

Seriously?

Go and get a job in the AFL media, your hyperbole is amongst the best there is.

Either that or take a BEX and lie down.

DS

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
As I said it seemed the only explanation for what he had done. New user error on how and when to use? If that was the explanation no problem if he had come out then and said so I would not have been troubled. Mistakes happen.
But no it took Brendon to come out months later to clarify before the media began to back off, and in the meantime Dusty was simply left to cope.

No, Hardwick is being empathetic for Dusty's situation. He may well want to leave RFC, why should Hardwick make that any harder than it needs to be if he does? No one wants to see him leave (other than Tigers4) but if he does we might as well be accommodating to the situation as a club.

Dusty's response to the media's claptrap over the last 10 years has been absolute silence, and there is nothing different about this situation. Brendan didn't clarify anything other than what Dimma had already said. As others have pointed out, you're conveniently ignoring the rest of Hardwick's statement to try and make a point.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
No, Hardwick is being empathetic for Dusty's situation. He may well want to leave RFC, why should Hardwick make that any harder than it needs to be if he does? No one wants to see him leave (other than Tigers4) but if he does we might as well be accommodating to the situation as a club.

Dusty's response to the media's claptrap over the last 10 years has been absolute silence, and there is nothing different about this situation. Brendan didn't clarify anything other than what Dimma had already said. As others have pointed out, you're conveniently ignoring the rest of Hardwick's statement to try and make a point.

.. it might have been known to Dimma that Dusty actually wanted to move.
He may have just thought he was being empathetic.
Some have even suggested he wanted to cause it to happen.

It doesn’t matter. He broke the story causing massive pressure to be put on
our grieving champion and massive disruption for the club.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
.. it might have been known to Dimma that Dusty actually wanted to move.
He may have just thought he was being empathetic.
Some have even suggested he wanted to cause it to happen.

It doesn’t matter. He broke the story causing massive pressure to be put on
our grieving champion and massive disruption for the club.

You would make a good afl.com PR person.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb

Seriously?

Go and get a job in the AFL media, your hyperbole is amongst the best there is.

Either that or take a BEX and lie down.

DS
[/QUOTE]
No need for medication although sometimes a nice scotch can help. And it is not hyperbole. It is the truth. I recommend it.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Dimma messed up.
Why??? The club has said on many occasions over recent years, that if a player wants to leave then we'll try to help them get the move done as best we can.

Dusty wants to go, Dusty not sure what he wants to do, media n fans speculating n jibbering everywhere. Dimma just laid out the the flat track comment, it's up to Dusty, he owes us nothing n we won't stop him.

Reactions: 4 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Haaarrrgh FMD. Zippers being sensible, rational n logical for once, will wonders never cease.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users