Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
For many of us it is more hope than a conviction that Dusty will return to 2020 form. Interesting that Benny has not minced words in throwing down the gauntlet.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I dont think anybody is expecting Dusty to get back to 2017 level but 80% of that is still very dangerous

Dusty playing 70/30 foward mid is what we will get and if he kicks 35 goals then thats enough

Reactions: 2 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I dont think anybody is expecting Dusty to get back to 2017 level but 80% of that is still very dangerous

Dusty playing 70/30 foward mid is what we will get and if he kicks 35 goals then thats enough
The last match Dusty played in 2022 in the home & away season was against west coast at the mcg and it was the best he had looked since before the kidney injury.
Best on ground in the first half before the hammy early in the 3rd.
Seeing that live convinced me he still has it in him.
I hope we see it.

Reactions: 10 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
We proved last year we could play without Dusty it was a blessing in disguise . For me, now his the cherry on the cake.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Reckon we are two weeks away from ”Dustin Martin seen training looking in fantastic condition” article.
It took longer than we thought but the AFL Daily Podcast went with it and I quote "turned up in fantastic condition", " great first block of training" and "made a real statement." But PRE is actually being much more cautious. PRE the sensible voice of reason. Expectations aren't over the top.

Reactions: 1 users

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
It took longer than we thought but the AFL Daily Podcast went with it and I quote "turned up in fantastic condition", " great first block of training" and "made a real statement." But PRE is actually being much more cautious. PRE the sensible voice of reason. Expectations aren't over the top.

Who woulda thunk it...?

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty

I'm probably too optimistic but I think he can play at that level again.

No doubt in my mind he was set for a massive year last season until things got off track in round one and he seems good to go from what I can see again this year.

My only concern is guys who are really durable and rarely miss footy have a tendency to crash hard with body issues so hopefully that hamstring was a one off.

Have a hunch deep down he would like one more massive year individually to stamp himself as an absolute great of the game, a Brownlow type season. I think that would mean more to him than he would ever let on.

• Love
Reactions: 15 users

wammo

We're from Tigerland
May 16, 2007
I'm probably too optimistic but I think he can play at that level again.

No doubt in my mind he was set for a massive year last season until things got off track in round one and he seems good to go from what I can see again this year.

My only concern is guys who are really durable and rarely miss footy have a tendency to crash hard with body issues so hopefully that hamstring was a one off.

Have a hunch deep down he would like one more massive year individually to stamp himself as an absolute great of the game, a Brownlow type season. I think that would mean more to him than he would ever let on.
Hope you're right TBR.
Unlike others I'm not that happy to see Dusty spending most of his time deep forward. I reckon we look better when he's up the ground, winning contested ball and creating.
I'd like to see a Dusty this year who's saying "These new boys from GWS look pretty good! It'll be interesting to see how they go in the guts when I need a rest."

Reactions: 3 users