Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Not to mention Cotchin, Bolton and Cumberland
The opposition will no longer have Dusty as their priority

With Hopper & Taranto coming into the side that allows Dusty , Cotchin & Shai more freedom and will all need to be looked after closely and NO TEAM has 3 defenders that are solely defensive minded and can do negating roles

This is where Cumberland & MRj will be having a party

The opposition will no longer have Dusty as their priority

Not sure about that. Dusty would always be the #1 threat and they need to have someone one close to him at all times. Someone good or else Martin will just make a mockery of the tag.

Martin is one of the few in the AFL that can completely turn a match around in about 5 minutes, on their own. He commands priority attention.

Reactions: 1 users
Cotch said Dusty did go to Apollo Bay, I know who I believe.
Apart from that if he wasn’t at the camp you can absolutely guarantee that it would have been reported by the media.
Dusty only has to break wind outside and it’s front page news

Reactions: 1 user
Dusty only has to break wind outside and it’s front page news
These days it just needs to be someone that once borrowed one of Martin's cars to break wind for Tom Browne to report an exclusive.

Reactions: 1 user
Brereton is right in 1 way we can't just rely on Martin to be our match winner again.
But to say that he won't get to level again is a bit far fetched because before last year he missed 3 games in 10 years and 1 was a club imposed suspension.
Last year he was spent.
I'm expecting Dusty to torment the opposition.
Just ask WC in that 1st half Last year at the G. He was at 60% and he ripped them a new one.
My mate reckons he looks the fittest he has been in at this time of year ever.
Dusty, Riewodt, Lynch, Rioli & Clarke will cause nightmares for the opposition
And Shai

No love for the Bagger today. I'll give him some.
At 31 looks in insane condition.
His reading of what to do in fairly bog standard 50/50 situations is still light years the best in the comp. You just back him in every single time and you won't lose ya $ too often.
That cross-field squeeze kick holding off the Norf dude didnt amount to much, but he's basically the only AFL player that wouldve attempted it let alone almost pull it off.
The dribble goal .....the odds of that being kicked were calculated in my head in a nano sec, taking into account the ludicrous wind and the 2 Norf defenders bearing down, as approx 85/1. But no, Dusty just settled, worked out what needed to be done, and did it.
The effortless 45 snap again with the wind again being tackled.
What a joy its been having the great man for so many years, and he clearly has a bit more in the tank.

• Love
Reactions: 19 users
No love for the Bagger today. I'll give him some.
At 31 looks in insane condition.
His reading of what to do in fairly bog standard 50/50 situations is still light years the best in the comp. You just back him in every single time and you won't lose ya $ too often.
That cross-field squeeze kick holding off the Norf dude didnt amount to much, but he's basically the only AFL player that wouldve attempted it let alone almost pull it off.
The dribble goal .....the odds of that being kicked were calculated in my head in a nano sec, taking into account the ludicrous wind and the 2 Norf defenders bearing down, as approx 85/1. But no, Dusty just settled, worked out what needed to be done, and did it.
The effortless 45 snap again with the wind again being tackled.
What a joy its been having the great man for so many years, and he clearly has a bit more in the tank.
Two very special moments, that keep the turnstiles ticking over. He hasn't lost his mojo.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
If it just me or is he looking a lot thicker through the legs and torso. I wonder if he has bulked up more for a 70/30 split up forward.

Have we discussed the level of difficulty in kicking a dribble goal from 45m out?

Work of a genius.

Reactions: 4 users
If it just me or is he looking a lot thicker through the legs and torso. I wonder if he has bulked up more for a 70/30 split up forward.
Also being able to enjoy a high protein and increased caloric diet and the heavy work in the gym and on the track to build those muscles back up after wasting a lot post kidney rupture.

Dustin had to rebuild his body slowly, after that recovery which may possibly have contributed to the exposure of a weakness in his hamstrings under fatigue which could've been attributable following a limited preseason in both dietary intake and strength, exertion and physical activity.

It's not lost on me to that Dustin did pop his hamstring when he was really pushing and impacting the game against the Eagles. It was the first time in the 22 season Dustin was going up the gears compared to other weeks.

Can't just hop back into heavy running, crushing the irons and ingesting120 grams of protein per day after a serious kidney injury, requires a gradual reintroduction.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Have we discussed the level of difficulty in kicking a dribble goal from 45m out?

Work of a genius.
See the post from @ToraToraTora above. Covers the Great Man's highlights. :cool:

When he got that ball I just knew the dribble kick would be a beauty. And his fend off, throw the ball on his boot and kick at 90deg across is body was just amazing. Deserved a better result but my God it was breathtaking :)

Last edited:
  • Love