Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

He was clearly hobbling coming out after half time of the Carlton game. Insinuating he’s off for drug related reasons doesn’t reflect well on anyone doing it - especially on this forum.

Reactions: 5 users
Didn't he just complete a pre season where he rediscovered his appetite?
Three rounds in and he is struggling for motivation?

Reactions: 1 user
Let’s just say he’s struggling for motivation atm.
Nothing to do with drugs.
Unpopular opinion incoming.

I love Dusty just as much as anyone, however I can think of 1.3 million reasons to be motivated.

If he isn't sufficiently motivated to help the club in the current predicament it's in whilst being one of the highest players in the league, then maybe it's best he moves on at the end of the year.

And I'll be heartbroken.

Reactions: 1 users
Let’s just say he’s struggling for motivation atm.
Nothing to do with drugs.

Contract negotiations ?

I'd imagine that contract negotiations are happening.

Dusty is 33 in a couple of months, Chimp and Jack were on 1 year deals at that age.

How much is Dusty worth? At 33 does he get a two year deal ?

Last edited:
Unpopular opinion incoming.

I love Dusty just as much as anyone, however I can think of 1.3 million reasons to be motivated.

If he isn't sufficiently motivated to help the club in the current predicament it's in whilst being one of the highest players in the league, then maybe it's best he moves on at the end of the year.

And I'll be heartbroken.
Actually. If, big if, he's suddenly struggling for motivation again then perhaps he should do the right thing and forego the rest of his contract n walk away. That'd be the honourable thing to do if he ( as someone's suggesting ) can't be *smile* putting in for his $1.3 million pay cheque.

If he's struggling for motivation, it would indicate he's not auditioning for another club next year. That would be his motivation, not the contract he signed in 2017.

Actually. If, big if, he's suddenly struggling for motivation again then perhaps he should do the right thing and forego the rest of his contract n walk away. That'd be the honourable thing to do if he ( as someone's suggesting ) can't be *smile* putting in for his $1.3 million pay cheque.

Don't you think he's delivered on his contract in spades?

Whatever the innuendo is, there would definitely be some challenges for him with a changing of the guard.
He's the snr citizen of the club now. No Trent or Jack by his side. He would looking around & realising many Premiership team mates have departed or are out with injury.
Does he want a new challenge elsewhere? I really doubt it but if he does so be it.

But whetever the reasons it has to be said our intensity looked noticeably higher last week with him out of the side.
Going to be very interesting to see what we get from Dusty today. If he struggles again it's inevitable questions will start to be asked.
Here's hoping he puts speculation to bed.

Reactions: 6 users
Contract negotiations ?

I'd imagine that contract negotiations are happening.

Dusty is 33 in a couple of months, Chimp and Jack were on 1 year deals at that age.

How much is Dusty worth? At 33 does he get a two year deal ?

I'd give him a 60 year heavily front ended deal.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Dusty BOG this afternoon. Put your house on it…..

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users