Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

there was footage (maybe after a goal) and he was talking to a few young guys
they were listening and focused
it was nearly my favourite moment of the game
Dusty the elder
nice
Poor Mykelti. He'd just kicked a goal and ran to the forward huddle all bounce and excitement. Hey Duz didya see that? What I juzdid?
Dustin Martin continued on his session with Seth C. and Ryhan M. Explaining the team formation and how to break down the structured Ross Lyon defence.
Alas why couldnt he train Shortstuff?
Forwardcraft for young running forwards.
Poor Kelts.

Reactions: 1 users
the other side of that TM is the experience and knowledge he's passing on to the younger crew
them being around that - his ideas, methods - is worth something
seeing that conversation he was having with the kids on the ground yesterday spoke volumes
Again has nothing to with the point of conversation, which stemmed from someone suggesting that Dusty was simply lacking in motivation ( either to play footy, or play his footy with us ).
Watched the game yesterday n there didn't appear to be any lack of motivation on Dusty's part from what I saw. He rarely shows much onfield during games, just gets on with his job. Was very pleased he had the youngsters gathered around n giving them some instruction and motivation

Reactions: 1 user
Two phones is known the trawl through fan forums for his ‘scoops’.
It’s what I heard last week from 2 very reliable and credible sources. I can tell you it’s fact.
Didnt want to be the one to break the news. Thought people on here would like to know but not sure its worth sticking my neck out so won’t in future

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
It’s what I heard last week from 2 very reliable and credible sources.
Didnt want to be the one to break the news. Thought people on here would like to know but not sure its worth sticking my neck out so won’t in future
I wasn’t doubting your sources DA. I know your info is pretty spot on. I haven’t heard the Martin rumour.

I was merely pointing out that 2 phones has no credibility and just gets his information from places like PRE etc.

Reactions: 2 users
It’s what I heard last week from 2 very reliable and credible sources. I can tell you it’s fact.
No need to take it personally DA, none at all. You're just posting a link. Who cares? You didn't write it. But really, we've had this for how long now? Its the boy who cried wolf on steroids. He might be struggling a bit, he might retire at seasons end, might retire this week, he might go to another club, he might stay a tiger for 3 or 4 more seasons, but I don't place any cred in the media. Its at the stage now when even if they're right, its the old busted clock is right twice a day.

Slight change of subject, read Nick Riewoldt scoffing at retirement rumours, saying that he got at least 2, probably more years left as a very good player, and minimum 700K, why would he retire? I don't fully agree but its a compelling argument, coming from a superstar. Said word to effect of the smart move is to 'milk it till the end'.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
No need to take it personally DA, none at all. You're just posting a link. Who cares? You didn't write it. But really, we've had this for how long now? Its the boy who cried wolf on steroids. He might be struggling a bit, he might retire at seasons end, might retire this week, he might go to another club, he might stay a tiger for 3 or 4 more seasons, but I don't place any cred in the media. Its at the stage now when even if they're right, its the old busted clock is right twice a day.
I posted last week that Dusty wasn’t injured and that he was having motivation issues hence the week off and got a fair share of scepticism, some mocking and some calling it BS.
The link I posted today was only confirming what I was reluctant to spell out but it’s difficult to post stuff here without copping it from all quarters so probably easier to say nothing and keep it to myself in future.

I posted last week that Dusty wasn’t injured and that he was having motivation issues hence the week off and got a fair share of scepticism, some mocking and some calling it BS.
The link I posted today was only confirming what I was reluctant to spell out but it’s difficult to post stuff here without copping it from all quarters so probably easier to say nothing and keep it to myself in future.
There is no sarcasm at all from me here, if he's got motivation issues, that game against St K is amazing. 3rd in coaches votes, (2nd Tiger). But we all know he is an amazing player.

The olden days form slump is motivation issues nowadays I suppose. Not really anything new or unusual, unless its Dusty

Last edited:
Let me guess. He’ll retire as he has lost the fire in his belly

Next week. Signs with the suns.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Could not possibly re-contract after this season (if he makes it to the end). Boy, we are going to have some spare cash. Not to mention Grimes Picket McIntosh possibly Graham

I am sure getting a calf injury and not being able to play he may have felt down about that and could of easily said something like "*smile* I feel like giving it away".....that would be natural.

I would be stunned if he gave it away before 300.

Reactions: 1 user
I am sure getting a calf injury and not being able to play he may have felt down about that and could of easily said something like "*smile* I feel like giving it away".....that would be natural.

I would be stunned if he gave it away before 300.
Don’t know what will happen. But Dusty seems like the type of guy to not care about 300 games.

Reactions: 1 users