Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Not bad for a bloke lacking motivation.
people are idiots. Fair dinkum. Hes not kicking 5 goals and getting 10 clearances so he's lacking motivation. On the one hand it *smile* me, its disrespectful, he's still an elite player, still a star, on the other hand he's an easy headline, regardless of the angle, and the stooges have to make a living I suppose..

I'm really glad that his calf stopped impairing him emotionally.

I have many emotions myself. And yeah, can I borrow a feeling?

I'm just posting relentlessly on Insta about my prayers for the emotions of Dusty. And his lonely young calf. I think of his calf as a poddy. That I have to feed. I post pix of myself feeding Dusty's poddy calf with my own udder. Both udders. Then I have more emotions.

It's so hard for me to have emotions because I'm so special. My memory is special. I even remember when Dusty used to be good at football.

He won't abandon me will he? WILL HE??? I'LL KILL EVERYONE!!!!

Please don't abandon me, Dusty. Please God, no. NO!!!!!!

I know what to do. I know how to fix this. We should get a bourgeois white lady in to teach us about Eastern philosophy. Then we could all AHHWM our way to shared emotions. Precious shared emotions.

And then we wouldn't have to worry about football. Ahwwmm, Number 4! Retire from commerical football and find nirvana at full back for the Northcote Boddhistavas! Just as Lord Shiva did.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hasn't been the same since his father passed away.
Maybe the awful kidney injury inflicted by that ex-Bloos thug, Robinson, has had more to do with it? People forget how severe that was.

Anyway, I think he was just struggling with that sore calf and started to shake it off today.

I just want him to start kicking those great long goals again; stop giving them off to players that are not up to kicking them.

Reactions: 1 users
there was footage (maybe after a goal) and he was talking to a few young guys
they were listening and focused
it was nearly my favourite moment of the game
Dusty the elder
nice

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Dusty the elder
nice
Saw it as well and loved it.

Maybe the least impactful high possession game he has ever played?

At least he covered the ground well and was more involved, unfortunately it had little influence on the outcome.

Hearing he was Instructing the kids is great though.

No surprise Dusty dominated yesterday in the Norwood telephone booth. He does his best work in congestion these days and struggles if he has to run and cover ground. He must play inside mid and attend 90% centre bounces and follow the ruck at stoppages. He's dangerous in the forward line but we need hungry players there with pace who can run and chase all day not only in the fwd line but high up the ground also.

Reactions: 4 users
Dusty the elder
nice

Reminds me of those times when Dusty helps up a team mate who is on the ground at as a ball up is called - and he might just grab the blokes jumper and gently assist him back up.

It’s not that Dusty over exerts - it’s more an acknowledgement

And I just reckon - especially when it’s one of the young blokes - they must get a real boost to be accepted by the champ for having done something well deserved

Reactions: 2 users
Thought he was absolutely brilliant in the first half. Moving like the Dusty of old.
Very unselfish & team oriented.
He was less influential after half time.
It was a big step forward. Hopefully builds on it next week.

Reactions: 1 user
Don't you think he's delivered on his contract in spades?
The conversation at the moment has nothing to do with his previous years or performances. It's in regard to his interest and motivation at the present time and the integrity of his current input for the shekels paid.
Nothing more than conversations and opinions from keyboard nuffies looking in from over the fence.

The conversation at the moment has nothing to do with his previous years or performances. It's in regard to his interest and motivation at the present time and the integrity of his current input for the shekels paid.
Nothing more than conversations and opinions from keyboard nuffies looking in from over the fence.
the other side of that TM is the experience and knowledge he's passing on to the younger crew
them being around that - his ideas, methods - is worth something
seeing that conversation he was having with the kids on the ground yesterday spoke volumes

Reactions: 2 users