Dylan Grimes JDM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dylan Grimes JDM

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Bodies holding together at last n we're now seeing the full player starting to emerge as he gets experience n confidence, he's a damn fine solid player.

As for the snipers moaning about him ducking for head high, it's pretty simple. That's the rules the AFL made n the umpires adjudicate to. There's a bunch of players at every club that are more than happy to exploit the stupidity of the rules as often as possible to gain an advantage to help their teams WIN.

Why should we be the only idiots in the comp not to utilise the rules as they stand to our advantage?

Players used to get a free kick if they were tackled when bouncing the ball as they were deemed not to be in possession, so K.B. used to simply throw the ball out front n flap his arms for the free, until they changed the rules to stop him out cheating everyone else.
They used to simply kick the ball out of bounds to help run down the clock n slow play down, so they changed the rules.
They used to simply walk the ball through for a point to control n hold a lead late in games, so they changed the rules.

All teams n players fudge the rules as best they can to gain advantage, ducking, holding, scragging, blocking, cribbing the mark, fumbling over the boundary. Anything they can get away with they will try, so why insult n bag our players for doing the same as every other player in the comp?

thejinx

Go Tiges!
Dec 17, 2003
Melbourne, VIC
Very solid in defence. Great intercept mark. And a great kick too. Always confident when he's near the ball.

We're quite lucky in that our defenders are all of a sudden excellent with ball in hand.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Most improved on the list, becoming the player we thought he could.

Mini Rance when it comes to intercept marks.

Body holding up too. Fingers crossed.

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Always had faith in his ability after his first few games, the only query was on his body... Well done to RFC and Grimes to get his body right as agree with those above, becoming the player he should become!!

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
His contract comes up end of year. How many years and what type of coin should be be offered?

I would lock him away on a 3 year contract.

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Tigertough1974 said:
Always had faith in his ability after his first few games, the only query was on his body... Well done to RFC and Grimes to get his body right as agree with those above, becoming the player he should become!!
X 2. Spot on.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Grimesy is back to some solid consistent football, which is what is required down back.
That said, would give him a two-year contract and see how he goes. He won't be going anywhere else.

mld

hi
Apr 1, 2006
Melbs
No coincidence that with Grimes in top form that our defensive unit is as good as it has ever been. The challenge will be to keep him fit.

tigerdave

Ya just gotta stand in line
Feb 1, 2006
SCOOP said:
Most improved on the list, becoming the player we thought he could.

Mini Rance when it comes to intercept marks.

Body holding up too. Fingers crossed.

That's the most important thing at the moment with Dylan is his fitness.

Having a good season to date!

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Stylo said:
Love him. Worth chasing his brother as another rebounding option?
There are some who don't rate Jack Grimes but I am not one of them. The question mark is fitness but I reckon we could get him for not much and he can definitely play.

mld

hi
Apr 1, 2006
Melbs
Sintiger said:
There are some who don't rate Jack Grimes but I am not one of them. The question mark is fitness but I reckon we could get him for not much and he can definitely play.

I rate him, but the combination of injury history and Demon contamination may be a bridge too far.

Stylo

Tiger Champion
Oct 13, 2012
Sintiger said:

Agree. Now would be the time to strike. All time low value.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Stylo said:
Agree. Now would be the time to strike. All time low value.
Who does he replace in back half? Considering we will more then likely ad Menadue there next season and just maybe a free agent / trade.........fingers crossed no injuries in the current back half

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
CC TIGER said:
Who does he replace in back half? Considering we will more then likely ad Menadue there next season and just maybe a free agent / trade.........fingers crossed no injuries in the current back half

If hes a 3rd-4th rounder in a cheap draft i would add him for depth, were still lacking depth from 25-35...

Personally im not a huge fan, he can play the odd good game and similiar to Dylan hes had injury issues... I tend to watch alot of Dees games as my best mate is a Dees supporter although i personally dispise them!!!

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Tigertough1974 said:
If hes a 3rd-4th rounder in a cheap draft i would add him for depth, were still lacking depth from 25-35...

Personally im not a huge fan, he can play the odd good game and similiar to Dylan hes had injury issues... I tend to watch alot of Dees games as my best mate is a Dees supporter although i personally dispise them!!!
We have to remember salary cap too as he's probally a 300k type that could be crucial with recruiting a free agent

tbartiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2009
Qld
Grimey is tracking well imo. Starting to look like a mini-me of the Bossman with his intercept marking. That's what happens when you are surrounded by the best in your. And Alex is certainly that atm.

Plus Grimey has a fair bit of *smile* in him. I love that :)

joelatengo

Tiger Cub
Mar 15, 2014
tigerdave said:
Didn't drop his head into tackles last week which is good.

Agree with this. Given he has a bit of spring in his step the constant head ducking, shoulder shrugging, is not a good look for him IMHO

He was almost looking to change his last name to Selwood.