Dylan Grimes JDM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dylan Grimes JDM

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
While a lot was spoken about our chances without Rance by the footy media earlier in the year,

I can remember having a conversation with my son near the end of last year , and we thought Dylan was now the equal of Rance , in some areas you could argue had gone past him ,

I think this was something only richmond people were aware of , the wider footy community had no idea ,

they are becoming aware how good he is now.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Grimes likes to be our deepest and Charlie was sagging near the 50m line at the set up after a few goals. Even though lesser defenders were going to him (eg Short, Bach) I was not too concerned as he does most of his damage within 20m of goal

Yep Grimes was with him whenever he was the deepest forward or within 20-30m of goal. When he roamed as he wasn't getting the ball on grimes, we let him go and trusted our system. Worked a treat, either nullify him near to goal or make him play up the ground.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
A mutual supporter who went to the game told me Grimes was holding Cameron off the ball quite a bit.

Fagan complained about it at halftime.
Umps will be all over this in a couple weeks.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
A mutual supporter who went to the game told me Grimes was holding Cameron off the ball quite a bit.

Happens to Jack all the time.

Reactions: 1 user

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD

Correct. It'll be umpiring cause du jour of the week. That means they'll be blowing their whistle if Grimey is within 2m of him.

DeathNinthandTaxes

Richmond 'till we die
Nov 4, 2007

And yet no free kicks were paid, even though there is an umpire stationed there in the back half for that reason.
i was at the game and have watched the replay twice, i've noticed cameron holding Grimes but not the other way around.
He was beaten fair and square and within the rules.

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004

100% He will get a great run from the umpires in the final. Lots of sooking around today about Grimes holding him all the time.

Be prepared to throw a stubbie or two at the TV.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
100% He will get a great run from the umpires in the final. Lots of sooking around today about Grimes holding him all the time.

Be prepared to throw a stubbie or two at the TV.

I'm fine.
My mum makes me drink out of a plastic bottle for the tiger games.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne

They showed three incidents on On The Couch. One where Grimes shephered Cameron from the contest while Grimes was on his knees. One that was borderline as Cameron skirted the pack at a bounce. Another where they looked to be holding each other a fair way off the ball (similar to when Grimes over-ran the ball allowing Cameron into an open goal).

Yeah, I expect Grimes will be put under the microsocope.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I can just see myself losing my *smile* at free kicks against Grimes in the final.

*smile* hell the agendas in this game give me the *smile*.

Reactions: 2 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Funny how none of the programs showed the very illegal block by Zorko on Lynch. Or the ridiculous free kick against him late in the 2nd quarter when Harris ran into him and went down quicker than a $2 hooker.

Yes very strange indeed.........

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
He is great. I saw the goal Cameron kicked where Grimes missed the ball and Cameron went around him to an open goal. Grimes had to go for that ball, no choice at all. Ball took the usual Aussie Rules bounce, ie: completely unpredictable, and Grimes unfortunately missed it and left it open for Cameron. Was the right play, just didn't come off. If he didn't go for the ball he was stuffed so was the right call but won't always work. These things happen and one of the strengths of our players is the way that they don't get perturbed when this happens, they know everything won't go your way and they get back to it.

Love his work.

DS

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I saw the footage on OTC. Looked like good defensive play to me. Maybe one of them was a hold but most were superior use of body and strength