Dylan Grimes JDM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dylan Grimes JDM

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I saw the footage on OTC. Looked like good defensive play to me. Maybe one of them was a hold but most were superior use of body and strength

Geez I hope that someone at Richmond is pointing this out. We are too quiet on this. Dimma is right when he says we only deal with what we can control, but we can influence this by pointing out the emptiness of the complaint from Brisbane. Also, go public with video and they are exposed. How about a nice little video highlights package on the app of Grimes outplaying Cameron, and include a couple where Cameron is holding Grimes or where there are no holds. Release it as a press release.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
How good is this fella?
Nearly snaps his leg off the week before, then quells the form forward of the AFL the next week.
Freaking superstar is what he is.
This is the season that has put him in the upper echelon of Richmond players. Not far behind Rance now. Both top 10 in club history for me.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
This is the season that has put him in the upper echelon of Richmond players. Not far behind Rance now. Both top 10 in club history for me.

big difference between Grimes & Rance. Grimes dosent drop his bundle when things are going against him.
we aren't going for 3 in a row because of Rance's performance against Collingwood

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Grimes is my favourite player!

I’ve said it on a number of occasions.

We can’t go close to winning it without him.

He goes again against Cameron and hopefully does a take 2 at the Gabba against the crowd, smaller ground and against 25 players and the rest of the AFL fraternity.

To us he is a Tiger champ. Most important backman now.

He is everything Bullarto said and so much more to us Tiger supporters.

Reactions: 5 users

toby64

Tiger Champion
Mar 17, 2014
If you watch Cameron he holds onto his opponent as well, as he did to Grimes on the weekend.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
If you watch Cameron he holds onto his opponent as well, as he did to Grimes on the weekend.

there are images going around richmond fan facebook pages of cameron holding Grimes. If the lions go to the umpiring dept about this, then so should we.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
We should wear our Premiership Jumpers for the match. The oppositions holding of us is a lot more obvious

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
I think he equalled or beat the spoils records in his first few games. Was always quite special. He was just too fast for his hammies early on.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I think he equalled or beat the spoils records in his first few games. Was always quite special. He was just too fast for his hammies early on.

Round 3 2011, 16 spoils. Held the record for 1 week

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
At last Dylan has been recognised by others outside the club for being the best defender in the league by a country mile. Well deserved AA and long overdue

Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
It’s as our players have to have 3 or 4 years in a row to get selected.
Then you get cabbage dolls like Stewart getting selected.

Reactions: 2 users

Rabbia

Tiger Cub
Aug 18, 2015
Possibly now our best player, probably our most important one, certainly our most consistent.

As importantly, I think he is as good a bloke as has ever represented us.

In terms of winning the whole shooting match, I'd say Grimes is at least AS important as Martin, Prestia, Reiwoldt and Lynch, with a few others close.

I'm saying that for us to win it all, our key forwards have to explode a bit. And with that, if we can take out the Lions at home (must admit to being uneasy) then I'm getting pretty excited.

Anyway yes he is a VERY impressive guy. Really v smart, skilled, driven, decent - hard to know where to stop really.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

TheCan

Tiger Superstar
Jul 17, 2011
from the way we drafted him, from being 1 hamstring away from retirement, from being the most un recognised best defender in the league ... it’s about *smile* time, massive congrats dylan grimes, my favourite player.

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
The most underrated player in the league finally gets the recognition he deserves. It's no mean feat filling Rancey's boots and I am so looking forward to seeing the "Iron Curtain" next year with: Grimes, Rance, Astbury, Vlastuin, Stack, Houli, Baker, Short, Eggmolesse-Smith, Garthewaite) in 2020. Nothing will get through.

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The most underrated player in the league finally gets the recognition he deserves. It's no mean feat filling Rancey's boots and I am so looking forward to seeing the "Iron Curtain" next year with: Grimes, Rance, Astbury, Vlastuin, Stack, Houli, Baker, Short, Eggmolesse-Smith, Garthewaite) in 2020. Nothing will get through.

Rance has been keeping Grimesy out of the AA side for years.

I reckon Rance should give Grimesy 2 of his blazers.

They are gonna look great hanging in his cellars.

well done Grimesy.

Now get us another flag and then bottle us an AA Durif and a Premiership Pinot.