Dylan Grimes JDM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dylan Grimes JDM

Our own Richo needs to step the *smile* up. When they showed the replay he was uuhmming and uuhrirng about the push. Should have put the buffoon commentators in their place and said definite free kick and move on. His overcompensating commentary really gives me the *smile* and I hope he doesn't commentate on our games.

Agree - his fence sitting makes things worse as everyone expects him to favour us. Just bloody state the obvious Richo

Reactions: 4 users
It goes both ways though, the stuff the media cops is far worse than anyone else in the industry does.

For the most part the media people write or speak about their opinions in a pretty respectful way. When people disagree with those opinions they almost always do so by playing the man, eg have a look how many times someone disagrees with Mark Robinson by suggesting he has a drinking problem.
He doesn’t ?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I've no idea and I doubt anyone who ever says it does either.

But it's a pretty ordinary thing to level at someone regardless.

Not as ordinary as calling a player a douchebag on national tv? This is be best the nation can find with regards to a chief football writer for the largest selling paper in the country? I might not have agreed with Mike Sheahan a number of times throughout his career, but I can't recall him ever stooping down to name calling. Would Caroline Wilson? Tim Lane?

The level of professionalism in the AFL media is at an all time low.

Reactions: 11 users
I've no idea and I doubt anyone who ever says it does either.

But it's a pretty ordinary thing to level at someone regardless.

I put my hand up .

That’s why I regret what I said about him.

But if you are continually targeting our club, ridiculing us, our supporters etc you can only tolerate so much.

When I use to watch him on tv he seemed like one who had been, as I’ve known some BUT it gave me no excuse to call him one as I had no prior knowledge.

True Richo.

Not as ordinary as calling a player a douchebag on national tv? This is be best the nation can find with regards to a chief football writer for the largest selling paper in the country? I might not have agreed with Mike Sheahan a number of times throughout his career, but I can't recall him ever stooping down to name calling. Would Caroline Wilson? Tim Lane?

The quality of reporter and commentator is just poor full-stop. At AFL level there's just too many jobs for mates. And the game suffers for it.

Our own Richo needs to step the *smile* up. When they showed the replay he was uuhmming and uuhrirng about the push. Should have put the buffoon commentators in their place and said definite free kick and move on. His overcompensating commentary really gives me the *smile* and I hope he doesn't commentate on our games.
I have said it before, the bloke is a legend of the club but at times he needs to pull up on the Richmond non bias calls.

Reactions: 2 users
It goes both ways though, the stuff the media cops is far worse than anyone else in the industry does.

For the most part the media people write or speak about their opinions in a pretty respectful way. When people disagree with those opinions they almost always do so by playing the man, eg have a look how many times someone disagrees with Mark Robinson by suggesting he has a drinking problem.
Whilst I agree with, the use of words such as douchebag is both disrespectful and unprofessional.

I have said it before, the bloke is a legend of the club but at times he needs to pull up on the Richmond non bias calls.
We need KB back on the soap box calling out all the sycophants for what they are. Yeah he said some crap for silly headlines at times but he called out the crap when it was crap. especially when it was against Richmond

$500 fine for staging.
Yep. I can cop that. there was plenty of mayo on Stringer's push.

Can't handle Vlossy's fine though. Might be the first time someone cops a whack in the face and a 500 fine for good measure.

Reactions: 6 users

Can't handle Vlossy's fine though. Might be the first time someone cops a whack in the face and a 500 fine for good measure.

Can't handle any of them. It's getting ridiculous. If you wanna fine anyone, fine the umpires for staging as umpires. Seems league isn't happy unless 3 us Tigers get done each week. And what's the point of a $500 fine? All it shows is the league has no real conviction in what they are charging players for and don't really believe in it.

And the 50 was always on. The contact was late and high. Anyone would throw their head back just to make sure it didn’t also wear some of the contact.

Reactions: 1 user
It's beside the point but he didn't call him a douchebag. He said if I was his mate my advice to him would be you're acting like a douche, which I think is quite different but certainly ineloquent.
Hey richo if you were my mate my advice would be stop acting like an idiot.

Well Tim Lane basically called Vlaustin and Grimes cheats. I prefer Douchebag