Dylan Grimes JDM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dylan Grimes JDM

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Richmond co-captain Dylan Grimes underwent surgery today to repair a ligament injury to his left thumb.

The injury occurred in the second quarter of Saturday’s AAMI Community Series match against Hawthorn at Devonport Oval.

At this stage, Grimes’ availability is doubtful for the Tigers’ round one clash against Carlton at the MCG.

Meh he just punches with his right anyway.

WELL THATS NOT F#&$#&$#% IDEAL

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
How did that GWS captain perform in his Grand Final against us again?

I'm very happy for Grimes to take his time in recovery. It's a long season.

Feb 25, 2007
Looks like the injury gods are starting early this season. Lambert, Graham and now Grimes. Just hope that none are long term

Grimes, they say doubtful but I reckon he won't play so RD 2 he will be fine.
Graham is actually training with the main group but as much as he is a chance I too don't think he'll play due to no praccy games. RD 2 or 3 I reckon or hopefully I'm wrong and we get a nice surprise for RD 1 ;)

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
No doubt he'll be a big loss against the Blues if our no 1 defender doesn't get up.
The structure of our backline changes.
Does Miller come into consideration? Nyuon? Gibcus might be the one but he's pretty raw still despite the promise.
I think we'll need another strong/seasoned tall against the Blues.

Reactions: 1 user

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
No doubt he'll be a big loss against the Blues if our no 1 defender doesn't get up.
Does Miller come into consideration? Nyuon? Gibcus might be the one but he's pretty raw still despite the promise.
Blues only have Curnow and McKay. Tarrant goes to McKay. I would play Broad on Curnow. Curnow woud push up to the ground more so Broad can go with him. Other than that Carlton play small in their forward line. I would rather we bring in another runner for this game.

Reactions: 1 users

Macca68

I'm a llama!
Mar 30, 2003
Blues only have Curnow and McKay. Tarrant goes to McKay. I would play Broad on Curnow. Curnow woud push up to the ground more so Broad can go with him. Other than that Carlton play small in their forward line. I would rather we bring in another runner for this game.
Blues will play De Koning as well so Gibcus might be a good match up for him

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Balta can always go back. Depends if Soldo also plays with Nank, how does Balta go forward if resting ruckman is up there as well as Tom & Jack ?

The way Balta played the other day backup ruck 3rd tall is ideal for him.

Could go with Balta down back for rd 1 with the 2 big rucks playing, or go with just Nank & Balta & if things get ugly down back can throw him back there with still stints to relieve Nank when required.

Knowing Grimes he still may well play rd 1.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
It's an option sure & a very valid question but my sense is Balta going back now would be against everything they've trained for during the preseason. Especially after such an encouraging performance up front last weekend.
At some stage you've got to give opportunity to the players in reserve best suited to the position. Hopefully Vlastuin can get up. That way we could switch Broad into Dylan's role. Still he won't be easy to replace.

Reactions: 1 user

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
It's an option sure & a very valid question but my sense is Balta going back now would be against everything they've trained for during the preseason. Especially after such an encouraging performance up front last weekend.
At some stage you've got to give opportunity to the players in reserve best suited to the position. Hopefully Vlastuin can get up. That way we could switch Broad into Dylan's role. Still he won't be easy to replace.
Agree TOO. We cant *smile* the bed now. Lets roll with this and give someone like Miller an opportunity.

Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

It's a long season. If they see the likes of Biscuit and other youngsters being regulars come pointy end, then get them in now when we have injuries. It's Carlton we're playing and the Blues hype machine is running at full-bore. We will be re-setting their expectations for the year when they hear Tigerland played at the final siren.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users