Dylan Grimes JDM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dylan Grimes JDM

Played early like a guy which didn't have faith in his body & looked uncertain.
Wasn't Dylan Grimes like. Things got worse when he went off.
Just rest him until he's right.

Reactions: 1 user
today he was another clue that the decision making at Punt Road isn't quite on the money ..

Reactions: 3 users
Played early like a guy which didn't have faith in his body & looked uncertain.
Wasn't Dylan Grimes like. Things got worse when he went off.
Just rest him until he's right.
Agree he wasn't all there when he was on. But still played well which is a credit to the man.

What's worse a Grimes hammy or a Prestia soft tissue injury??
Who's our fitness guy? Arthur Bunger??

• Haha
Grimes missed the GWS game due to "soreness" what was the soreness.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, perhaps he shouldn't have played.

GWS selected their injured captain in the 2019 Grand Final. I was grinning at their obvious stupidity as the game begun.

I posted about this happening with Grimes before Round 1, and now it's happened, which makes it even more frustrating. This reads to me like Dylan thinks he needs to be a certain type of captain and those beliefs led to him making poor decisions around his injury management.

Desperate clubs and ignorant clubs take risks with injury management, while confident clubs hold players back and wait it out - especially when Round 1 is involved. I'll repeat - especially when Round 1 is involved. Clubs just never learn that basic and obvious lesson.

IMO the mindset of "I'll play no matter what" is not admirable, it's irrational, oafish, and a low IQ traditional style of leadership as seen in players such as Taylor Walker or a Phil Davis.

Screw that!

I want to see Dylan bring more of his innovative style of leadership to the captaincy role.

Bring the authenticity.
Bring the mindfulness.
Challenge tradition.
Be your own type of leader.

Hopefully with reflection from this setback we'll see the best of him moving forward, because we all know he's got way more to offer than the traditional tropes he's aspired to thus far.

Reactions: 2 users
Agree he wasn't all there when he was on. But still played well which is a credit to the man.
Unfortunately that decision cost us dearly. I would rather a player would put his hand up and admit he has a niggle and allow the MC to make a change to the team than play injured and inadvertently let the team down. Now we are going to be missing Dylan for a couple of games or more because of that decision

Heavy is the crown…. Tricky balance of leadership of “stay out, do the right thing by the team” vs “play and demonstrate leadership for the team” crazy tough spot