Dylan Grimes JDM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dylan Grimes JDM

I didnt see footage of Dylan with the ice on was it up under his bum at the very top of his hammy? If so its a high one and could well be an extended time out.

That said the scan will tell the tale and we will soon find out.

I didnt see footage of Dylan with the ice on was it up under his bum at the very top of his hammy? If so its a high one and could well be an extended time out.

That said the scan will tell the tale and we will soon find out.
It didn’t look that high.
Seemed to be mid hamstring

Looks like the club finally admitted in that injury report that Grimo was rushed in this season.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users
this is a major difference at the club since previous seasons.. what's the rush? is it mild desperation?
we were always quite careful and patient ..

Reactions: 3 users
Has had a terrible preseason. One injury after another. A recurring hamstring is the worst possible result though.
Has gone for scans today. Fingers crossed...

Reactions: 1 users
Small defender. Dylan Grimes is the best I've seen. He can guarantee to wipe the floor with any small forward in the game, and in his abundant spare time, zone off and spoil, mark or clear.

Is he the best in the game? Easily. Is he the best of modern times? I'd have thought so.

Tall defender. Dylan Grimes. He's pretty good. I'd always thought that we played him small to take pressure of his once-brittle body. Not just because he such a champion.

When Vlastuin comes back Broad can go to semi tall back and later Grimes might be sound enough to resume his career as a champion small defender. That will shore us up.

Reactions: 6 users
Oh. BTW, don't you wish a fit Grimes was there to destroy Cody Weightman this week. And help out against Astro Naughton?

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Dylan's injury is not just a bad one for him but also for our structure.
I know Broady has been in awesome form but this is virtually a new backline in 2022 missing Houli, Astbury, Vlastuin & now the glue in Grimes.
Probably my biggest concern heading this week's game.

Reactions: 1 user
Dylan's injury is not just a bad one for him but also for our structure.
I know Broady has been in awesome form but this is virtually a new backline in 2022 missing Houli, Astbury, Vlastuin & now the glue in Grimes.
Probably my biggest concern heading this week's game.
Yes ToO. Poor connection in the back half clearly evident. Too many newbies. Young Jibcus out of his depth at times while learning structures and idiosyncrasies of teammates on the run. Fine balance b/w developing youth and winning games for a team that can still challenge.

Balta and Bakes need to go back imo.

We could survive one of Grimes, Broad or Flossy out with this new look backline. Any two of them out and we're in trouble.

Yes ToO. Poor connection in the back half clearly evident. Too many newbies. Young Jibcus out of his depth at times while learning structures and idiosyncrasies of teammates on the run. Fine balance b/w developing youth and winning games for a team that can still challenge.

Balta and Bakes need to go back imo.

1649200409086.gif

Reactions: 1 user
Looks like the club finally admitted in that injury report that Grimo was rushed in this season.
i dont think they are saying "rushed", more that he has had a lot of minor setbacks, as far as i can tell none have been directly related to the others.
the lack of continuity has likely contributed to the hammy, but he has probably done enough work that he was right to play.

i dont think they are saying "rushed", more that he has had a lot of minor setbacks, as far as i can tell none have been directly related to the others.
the lack of continuity has likely contributed to the hammy, but he has probably done enough work that he was right to play.
Not my reading B17. Reckon it was a clear admission that Grimes lacked the conditioning required for AFL football.