Dylan Grimes JDM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dylan Grimes JDM

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I was actually pretty surprised he put his hand up to co-captain the club again this year.

He has been top of the tree in my books for a very long time, but he looks lost. Retire or not Retire.
Half hearted chases, bullshitt plastic spoils.
I reckon if he pulls another hammy it will be 2 spots available in the mid season.

It was only a practice match so there would be some level of self preservation but I hope we see an improved effort against the Blues.

Reactions: 1 user

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Looked pretty rusty. Was under a lot of pressure with Balta just as rusty and Young well off the pace.

FWIW I have never thought of Grimes as an elite tall. Not his caper IMO. He's there to hold it together for us as much as anything. And with Balta and Young bungling that was a big ask in the practice match.

We could move Jack back... But we're not that desperate yet.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
A definite highlight.
Dylan played the game hard & showed no signs of the hammy often matched against two very tough opponents.
Really pleased with his performance.

Reactions: 6 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
A definite highlight.
Dylan played the game hard & showed no signs of the hammy often matched against two very tough opponents.

Yep, the concern that Dylan may be slowing down or past it was largely alleviated tonight. He was solid. Fingers crossed those troublesome hammies are of no concern throughout the season. He's the general of our backline and a critical player this year.

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
A definite highlight.
Yep great signs , so crucial to that back half , dosent have to be at his absolute superstar best, but close will be very handy

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I think the reports of Dylan’s demise have been somewhat exaggerated. Still one of the best backs in the business.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I liked the directions he was giving to the players. It's what I want to see in a captain. Never saw it last season.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
It is hard to over estimate how good his spoil on Curnow was late in the game.
The kick was weighted really well for either a Curnow mark or if not a free as Grimes was running the same way as the ball.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
The kick was weighted really well for either a Curnow mark or if not a free as Grimes was running the same way of the ball.
Well timed and great to see.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
The kick was weighted really well for either a Curnow mark or if not a free as Grimes was running the same way of the ball.
I mentioned this at the game. It was a thing of beauty. First class defending.

Reactions: 2 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
The kick was weighted really well for either a Curnow mark or if not a free as Grimes was running the same way as the ball.
That was a moment of sheer defensive brilliance, and it ultimately ended in a goal for us I think.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Charlie Curnow is the supposed no 1 player in the game according to a certain jerno.:rolleyes:

Dylan reminded everyone why he's such a great player, not just on smalls but talls as well.
Matched up on CC for much of the night he smothered his impact on the match extremely well. Copybook defending.
It was such an good performance it still has me thinking about it a couple of days later.

Reactions: 2 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
three rounds in and the signs are not good.

fumbly, poor execution of simple kicks, beaten by a younger player only half as good.

everything a captain shouldn't be.

smart guy. will be successful off the field when he retires. maybe too successful / busy off-field already?

really tough decisions to come if the formline holds for 2023

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Shannon Hurn took a step back in that Eagles back six

there's still a place for Dylan if the likes of Young and Gibcus come on

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Our champion defender Grimesy is starting to play like an veteran.
Speed was his strength but it's just dipped a bit & he's a bit off.
Had his hands full big time last night.
When your Captain makes such basic skill errors by foot you know your team is down on confidence.
Leaders are supposed to lead. He’s been unsure this season although his second half got better as the game went on

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
When your Captain makes such basic skill errors by foot you know your team is down on confidence.
Leaders are supposed to lead. He’s been unsure this season although his second half got better as the game went on
You clearly forgot his game against Carlton.
Was he poor by foot yesterday- yes. But let’s not get carried away with the ridiculous notion this guy is done.

Reactions: 1 users