Dylan Grimes JDM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dylan Grimes JDM

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Ash Johnson did things last night, made him look different.

Ultimate warrior but interesting times ahead.

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

I was down behind the goals so saw the contests up close.
Johnson is an exciting prospect for a 10 game player.
He's extremely strong & skillful. Haven't seen Dylan struggle with a player too often like that. Pies have a good one here unfortunately.
At times Grimesy looked absolutely exhausted behind play. At 31 & with a few soft tissue injuries, he's definitely finding it tougher. Not that unusual.

Reactions: 2 users

silvertiger

Tiger Rookie
Aug 28, 2014

I watched him coming to the bench closely tonight. Firstly, he seems to be playing less game time. However, when he came to the bench tonight he looked old. Not just exhausted. His posture and running was not balanced. With Young doing so well I hope we start "managing" him and play Miller. His decision making and skills in the last two weeks has been terrible. Has been an amazing player, but I reckon father time is hitting him hard. Would not be surprised if this was his last year.

WildStyle

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2020
I'd have to watch again, but I thought he was ok. It's just that our defensive system isn't the fine tuned machine that runs like clockwork anymore.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
You clearly forgot his game against Carlton.
Was he poor by foot yesterday- yes. But let’s not get carried away with the ridiculous notion this guy is done.
Sorry, where exactly did I say he was done?
Think you need to work on your comprehension skills.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Sorry, where exactly did I say he was done?
Think you need to work on your comprehension skills.
Only took you over a week to reply and all you came up with is my comprehension skills. Have another week and come back to me.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Although still a fine defender he is not the Grimes of yesteryear. Age catches up on a player especially when he is continually in the thick of the hard graft.

angle ankle

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2020
I'd have to watch again, but I thought he was ok. It's just that our defensive system isn't the fine tuned machine that runs like clockwork anymore.
i reckon one of our better defenders playing into form.
busted his gut as usual in unflattering conditions.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Although still a fine defender he is not the Grimes of yesteryear. Age catches up on a player especially when he is continually in the thick of the hard graft.
He is c
he is 80% the player he was. He is missing Ashbury and Tarrant. And Vlas decline isn’t helping him either.
has made more kicking / decision errors in 4 games this season than last 4 years.
I still can see him at 30 games wondering if he would ever get to 50. Hope he can finish this season on a high.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Only took you over a week to reply and all you came up with is my comprehension skills. Have another week and come back to me.
Just noticed your rubbish response to something I wrote and thought it needed addressing.
I’ll pull you up quicker from now on, I promise

Last edited:

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
I thought Optimus was ok.
Slowing down yes, but still pretty good.
Hoping he can fast track Young and Gibber (when he returns) with his on field teachings.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Our players are 31yr olds that are turning 45. They are spent.
I haven't seen Grimes make mistakes like today and last week ever.
Grimes, Big V, Broad, Jack and Cotchin could all be in there final year at the club.
Even warriors need a break.

Tigermad2005

Tiger Legend
Aug 18, 2004
Ballarat
He is done. Turned the ball over time and time again. He has been and always will be a great of the Richmond football club but he is done.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
TIGERS VETERAN WANTS TO PLAY ON

Riley Beveridge
afl.com.au
13 April 2023

RICHMOND co-captain Dylan Grimes is keen to extend his career into a 15th season.

The triple-premiership defender, All-Australian and former best and fairest winner is among a host of veteran Tigers set to come out of contract at season's end, but is determined to play on into 2024.

Richmond will have decisions to make on a number of experienced stars, including Trent Cotchin, Jack Riewoldt, Robbie Tarrant and Grimes, when their current deals expire later this year.

But the 31-year-old Grimes wants to play on, with his manager Marty Pask from Kapital Sports Group revealing that discussions with the club are gearing towards another contract being offered later this season.

"I expect him to be able to keep playing on," Pask told AFL.com.au's Gettable.

"He expects to keep playing on and Richmond's got a preparedness for that to happen, too. I would think he'd keep going. Everything with where that sits right now, I'd be very, very confident he'd be playing next year."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/902207/tiger-wants-more-draft-bolter-rising-port-hopeful-on-young-duo

Reactions: 1 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
TIGERS VETERAN WANTS TO PLAY ON

Riley Beveridge
afl.com.au
13 April 2023

RICHMOND co-captain Dylan Grimes is keen to extend his career into a 15th season.

The triple-premiership defender, All-Australian and former best and fairest winner is among a host of veteran Tigers set to come out of contract at season's end, but is determined to play on into 2024.

Richmond will have decisions to make on a number of experienced stars, including Trent Cotchin, Jack Riewoldt, Robbie Tarrant and Grimes, when their current deals expire later this year.

But the 31-year-old Grimes wants to play on, with his manager Marty Pask from Kapital Sports Group revealing that discussions with the club are gearing towards another contract being offered later this season.

"I expect him to be able to keep playing on," Pask told AFL.com.au's Gettable.

"He expects to keep playing on and Richmond's got a preparedness for that to happen, too. I would think he'd keep going. Everything with where that sits right now, I'd be very, very confident he'd be playing next year."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/902207/tiger-wants-more-draft-bolter-rising-port-hopeful-on-young-duo
Fair enough losing Jack Cotch leadership and Tarrant in one go is huge
Grimes should go around again in 2024