Dylan Grimes JDM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dylan Grimes JDM

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
His 50 was inexcusable as was his kick which preceded it. Clearly his last season & probably one too many - would rather get games into Brown or Tresize now.

Reactions: 3 users

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
How the hell do you watch today’s game and drag Vlastuin into this conversation. Our best player by a country mile
Because both have been increasingly giving away undisciplined free kicks over the past few years. Getting old and grumpy.
Liked Vlaus’ game yesterday but my point still stands.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Another Tiger great reaches the end of the line. From rookie pick to immortality. Any more idiotic undisciplined brain fades like that and you are VFL Dyl.

Reactions: 1 user

crackertiger

Swan street 2017
Jan 4, 2003
melbourne
Needs to be replaced by either Brown, Trezise or Miller. Personally I think Miller comes in as another option for their talls.

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Gone a year to long unfortunately
And everyone knows it accept him and RFC

Reactions: 1 users

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
Will be rested for Brown off the 5 day break I would suspect. Good excuse / reason why he wont be playing on Thursday

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
It was clear last year he was done. WTF we owe these players nothing.
Whoever ticked the box to allow Grimes another year needs to be moved on as well.
It's time to rebuild not live in the past.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Will be rested for Brown off the 5 day break I would suspect. Good excuse / reason why he wont be playing on Thursday
This is an excellent take. I hope it happens. How we handle Dylan will tell me so much about the rebuild.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I think many of us wondered where Grimesey fits in this season, not good enough in the air anymore to take a tall, not quick enough to take a small, and I think we saw that yesterday, a very much in between game, but essentially before the season started many of us thought he was borderline best 22, he probably isn't anymore and we need to reward 1 of the younger guys. Brown if we want to aid distribution out of our back half, Tresize if we want more defensive toughness. We have younger players ready to step up and if yesterday is the Grimes we will see for the rest of the year, it does kind of taint his legacy a bit, its not good seeing someone like Grimes who has been outstanding for us, especially in 2019 when Rance went down with the knee, we just saw Grimes grow from an ancillary part of that defence to the key man.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Yeah, gone on too long, needs to retire before the mid season draft. Can stay on as an assistant or something, his experience would be invaluable. Maybe he can wait to see if anyone else drops out as he could keep getting paid as a player and effectively coach given the soft cap remains inadequate.

DS

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
Was annoyed that he was not dragged after his brain fade

Effectively killed our momentum and ended the game for us

Father Time waits for nobody and with tresise and brown both needing game time he should be dropped

Big test for yze

Reactions: 2 users

TheUmpire

Tiger Rookie
Sep 30, 2003
I honestly don't know how he was selected in the team.

Interrupted pre-season and had done nothing to indicate he was in form.

Yze gave him his chance. This now becomes an easy win for Yze to drop Grimes to the seconds and show the entire list that it is a new regime and reputations mean nothing.

Over to you Adem.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Yes, Yze has an opportunity here to show he has full control of a decorated list

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
I honestly don't know how he was selected in the team.

Interrupted pre-season and had done nothing to indicate he was in form.

Yze gave him his chance. This now becomes an easy win for Yze to drop Grimes to the seconds and show the entire list that it is a new regime and reputations mean nothing.

Over to you Adem.
How much of a say does Yze have in team selection? is it all up to Livingstone?

Tigga94

Tiger Rookie
Apr 2, 2023
All good and well to remove memorabilia from walls, but to really move on you must remove under performing players.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Dylan has been one of my all time favourite players and I wish he'd had a word to his great mate Dave Astbury, who knew he was just about done and left with the tank not quite empty.

Not sure where we go from here...... stick around and teach some young blokes in the VFL how far perseverance can get you...... or pull the 📌 prior to the mid season draft?

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
How much of a say does Yze have in team selection? is it all up to Livingstone?
There would be a selection committee and Yze would be somewhere between Putin and Idi-Amin within said committee.

In other words unless the head coach goes batshit crazy and proposes 23 under 170cm players who can run like gazelles then he has final veto on selections.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
We all love Dylan. We'll tell the kids he's living happily on a farm in the country, with lots of room to run around and all the bones he can bury.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users