Dylan Grimes JDM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dylan Grimes JDM

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
One year (probably two) too many.
Cannot even beat his own man let alone assist the new players.

We are in rebuild.
May as well get games into juniors and have them play together.

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
Grimes is done. 100% Love the guy but times up.
Prestia also.
Both should play VFL if they show excellent form then call them up.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
One year (probably two) too many.
Cannot even beat his own man let alone assist the new players.

We are in rebuild.
May as well get games into juniors and have them play together.
We're not in rebuild just yet. We're having one last roll of the dice this year.

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
That undisciplined act at the start of Q4 was a total momentum killer.
And from the ex Captain no less.
I would drop him for that act alone, but not only is that not done these days, we have the Carton twin towers next week.
Along with Vlautstin, we have a couple of old and increasingly grumpy backmen who continue to commit selfish undisciplined acts. A challenge for the new coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
It was hard watching Grimes perform poorly last year.
It’s going to be tortuous this year.

Reactions: 1 users

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
He shouldve been not given an extra year.
He shouldve walked alongside Riewoldt & Cotchin.
It was very obvious last year.
This is another serious blemish from Blair imo.
Blair has been racking them up of late.
Grimes. Hopper. A key like Van Rooyen v Brown. Etc

Reactions: 1 user

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
His been getting away with these brain fart undisciplined rubbish for to long .How many times has his stupid undisciplined crap killed us ?
Imagine if we had of got the first goal of the last quater rather than coughing up a gimme to the suns due to grimes and his selfish rubbish ?

Reactions: 2 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Don't see what he adds. A RFC legend but he's gone a year too long, unless.hes happy to help out in the VFL. Imagine your most experienced player having a brain fart like he did. What a great example to the kids we are trying to bring on.

Webbie26

Tiger Rookie
May 17, 2023
Was obvious last year he was done hes a liability in the air and on the ground now brown or trezise should be playing before him each week and im sure they will by about round 6 when we are 0 5

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
I get that he looks like he has gone a year (or two) too long, but that isn't his fault.

The club kept him around.

I'd hazard a guess that they felt they needed his experience and leadership in the backline. I'd speculate they may have felt that Tom Brown needed another year before taking the role given his injury interrupted start to his career.

These sort of ideas rarely work out well, and this has the makings of further proof of that.

But it is what it is.

Personally, I go after Heath Chapman from the Dockers right now.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
I didn't think he played that badly overall, other than that passage early in the 4th quarter with the OOB and giving away the 50. It was a soft 50 too, with Fiorini clearly exaggerating the contact when Dylan "shoved" him to the ground.

We really need someone younger to step up and take his place though, because he's definitely on the fringe of the team. Hopefully Brown takes his spot by years end.

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
That undisciplined act at the start of Q4 was a total momentum killer.
And from the ex Captain no less.
I would drop him for that act alone, but not only is that not done these days, we have the Carton twin towers next week.
Along with Vlautstin, we have a couple of old and increasingly grumpy backmen who continue to commit selfish undisciplined acts. A challenge for the new coach.
How the hell do you watch today’s game and drag Vlastuin into this conversation. Our best player by a country mile

Reactions: 2 users