Dylan Grimes JDM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dylan Grimes JDM

So Grimesy stands aside from the (dual) captaincy to focus 'more energy for his own individual game and life balance'..
This is smart although on the back of last season there was no way known he was going to be elected by the playing group a scaptain this year anyway.
Hope not but he's going to be battling to keep his spot in the snr team is my guess.

Reactions: 3 users
So Grimesy stands aside from the (dual) captaincy to focus 'more energy for his own individual game and life balance'..
This is smart although on the back of last season there was no way known he was going to be elected by the playing group a scaptain this year anyway.
Hope not but he's going to be battling to keep his spot in the snr team is my guess.
Sad, but should be his final year.

Reactions: 1 users
I love Dylan he's been one of my favourite players since he arrived at the club/ fantastically reliable and fearless player a champion and a hero

Good to see Dylan handover the dual captaincy and concentrate on his own footy.

I dont think the added pressure helped him the past 2 seasons to be honest.

Grimesey could very well be a chance to pull the pin before the MSD if he doesn't have a good start to the year and struggles.

Leave him to continue his Generalship of the backs.

Reactions: 15 users
Well said @craig

We all know the end is near and I hope the club and us supporters show him the respect he deserves!

There's so much to love about this bloke just in a Richmond context for his resilience.

Pre season draftee, debilitating injuries, the fight back, being the most underrated, versatile backman in the competition, taking on the leadership of the backline.... terrorising Charlie Cameron game after game!

I don't know him from a bar of soap, but he comes across as the most humble and sincere of human beings and I hope he gets his body right one last time.

Though we lost.... this effort to make the contest and get the footy..... will live forever in my memory!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Well said @craig

We all know the end is near and I hope the club and us supporters show him the respect he deserves!

There's so much to love about this bloke just in a Richmond context for his resilience.

Pre season draftee, debilitating injuries, the fight back, being the most underrated, versatile backman in the competition, taking on the leadership of the backline.... terrorising Charlie Cameron game after game!

I don't know him from a bar of soap, but he comes across as the most humble and sincere of human beings and I hope he gets his body right one last time.

Though we lost.... this effort to make the contest and get the footy..... will live forever in my memory!
Then Brando wastes the effort with a sheizenhausen kick

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Smart move and in the best interests of all parties. Weight off his shoulders and no compromise for the selection committee. To be honest I feel Nank should have done the same. I feel either Ryan or Naismith will play better footy this year. I could be wrong but I just sense one of them will takeover as number 1 Ruckman duties. Which is a worry because most sides would only play 1 Key Ruckman and one Hybrid Ruck/forward. Therefore, I think we should play 1 Key Ruckman and a Hybrid too. Those players being either Miller or Balta. Perhaps Ryan as Ruck Forward.

Well said @craig

I reckon at one point a few years ago he was close to the best defender in the afl.
Played tall or small.
One of his great strengths at his best was his pace which gave him great versatility, that’s what has gone imo.

Reactions: 12 users
I reckon at one point a few years ago he was close to the best defender in the afl.
Played tall or small.
One of his great strengths at his best was his pace which gave him great versatility, that’s what has gone imo.
The versatility of Grime and also Broad allowed the RFC defense along with Tigga and Rance and Dave to take any combination of opposition forwards tall or small, it was a major part of the success of our defence which earned it the Wall nic name.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Concentrate on life balance.
Its there in print, but we all know its the last season for our champ.
Gonna spend a big more time tending the vine

• Sad
Played tall or small.
Well said. After thinking he'd conquered his troublesome 'strings, those re-occurrences 18 months ago were the beginning of the end.
He just hasn't looked like the same player since. Has looked hesitant & playing within his peak capabilities. That's ok. Older players get soft tissues.
Most importantantly he stopped the likes of Betts, Greene & Danger when it mattered most. 3 flags baby.

Champion.

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
Well said. After thinking he'd conquered his troublesome 'strings, those re-occurrences 18 months ago were the beginning of the end.
He just hasn't looked like the same player since. Has looked hesitant & playing within his peak capabilities. That's ok. Older players get soft tissues.
Most importantantly he stopped the likes of Betts, Greene & Danger when it mattered most. 3 flags baby.

Champion.
Without him being able to step up and fill the hole left when Rance did his knee there’s no way we win the 2019 flag. When Rance went down, the doomsayers came hard for us and Grimes shut them up.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Without him being able to step up and fill the hole left when Rance did his knee there’s no way we win the 2019 flag. When Rance went down, the doomsayers came hard for us and Grimes shut them up.
He said something along the lines of being a bit lost when Rance went down IIRC? Remarkable mental strength to turn it around.

We all appreciate that Dustin is the king, and basically the icing on the premiership cake.... but that 2019 cake ain't even making it to the oven without Dylan and Tom Lynch!

• Love
Many are prepared to write off champions. Something I'm reluctant to do. I remember a game against Sydney at the G on cold autumn afternoon/evening in 2012. This was when Grimesy introduced himself as a future champion of the game. At least to me, if not the rest of the football world.

Reckon he still has something in the tank...irrespective of whether this is his last year or not.

Took the reins to command the defence when he didn't really want to after the Trossman went down, and the boys lifted and got behind him.

Did an amazing job.

• Love
Many are prepared to write off champions. Something I'm reluctant to do. I remember a game against Sydney at the G on cold autumn afternoon/evening in 2012. This was when Grimesy introduced himself as a future champion of the game. At least to me, if not the rest of the football world.

Reckon he still has something in the tank...irrespective of whether this is his last year or not.

One thing I love about Grimesy is his concentration, just have a look on top of this page playing on Cameron. Cameron wasn't going to beat him and never has. Champ.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
“Meanwhile, former Richmond skipper Dylan Grimes “will be available” for the season start after a calf problem.

Grimes has been on light duties in recent weeks as he manages his body but Tigers chief executive Brendon Gale said he would make it to an opening round clash with Gold Coast.

“Grimesy has had a few little niggles,” Gale told SEN. “He knows his body, has great awareness and is putting a lot of effort into his preparation and he is a warrior, he will be available.”

Tom Lynch (foot) remains hopeful of playing against the Suns, while Dion Prestia and Dustin Martin (ankle) have also been on light duties.”

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Meatball. He’s a UFA at the end of the year isn’t he ?

Might be time….
I'm hearing he's possibly put in one really big preseason to condition his body because he's not sure he'll get many more from it (at the level we're used to seeing).
Might pull the plug if we have a good year.
Of course someone might give him a Godfather offer, but rumour is he wants to leave em wanting more.

• Love
Be very interesting to see how Grimesy goes this week assuming he's picked to play.
A lot don't have him in our best 22/3 ((neither do I to be fair), to start the season but he's a proud warrior who won't relinquish his spot easily despite struggling last year.
I'd hate to see the champ just fade away after such a tremendous career. Fingers crossed he can have a strong last hurrah.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users