English Premier League threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

English Premier League threads [Merged]

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Well done the Scots. England better sort out how to breakdown some canny resolute park the bus defending.

England were way too slow with their ball movement. When you have a team that plays so many behind the ball and tries to counter you, you need to move it quicker, try to break open that structure but they moved in so slow. Even the few times where they broke quickly, for some reason when going into the final 3rd, the wingers stopped, propped and passed it back.

I don't think England were aggressive enough and weren't courageous enough to take the game on as they didn't want to lose the game.

What does it take for Southgate to substitute Sterling? I thought he was awful and should have been taken off.

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Kane another disappointment so far.

Nice to see Ze Churmans wallop the Portuguese last night.

glantone

dog at the footy, punt rd end
Jun 5, 2007
This Jack Grealish will he or won't he is death by a thousand rumours. Can't take it much longer....

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
This Jack Grealish will he or won't he is death by a thousand rumours. Can't take it much longer....

C'mon we all know England will lose to the Germans on penalties tonight :)

Welsh out, 4:0 to Denmark. Shame for them but maybe the Danes can repeat their legendary Euro winning performance on the back of the Christian Erickson pathos. Italians needed extra time to beat the Austrians.

glantone

Jun 5, 2007
C'mon we all know England will lose to the Germans on penalties tonight :)
The Chermans might do that on Wednesday (hope not) but the torture I speak of is the prospect of those City pricks picking up Grealish with their silly money when Villa are just settling in. EPL is brutal.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
The Chermans might do that on Wednesday (hope not) but the torture I speak of is the prospect of those City pricks picking up Grealish with their silly money when Villa are just settling in. EPL is brutal.

Gotcha... well I'm not sure if Grealish would fit the City template but who knows, if they have the money why not.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Sucked in Germany !!

Bit lucky Muller didn’t make it 1-1 but who cares. Thought Pickford was gonna burst a vein screaming at his defenders throughout the game.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Sucked in Germany !!

Bit lucky Muller didn’t make it 1-1 but who cares. Thought Pickford was gonna burst a vein screaming at his defenders throughout the game.

OMG redemption feels great (when I don't feel tired haha). 55 years and those penalty shootouts that hurt so much.

Lucky as you say with the Muller one, but thought we were the better team across the full 90 mins. I was worried after the 1st 15 mins when they completely dominated but we got into the game slowly.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
OMG redemption feels great (when I don't feel tired haha). 55 years and those penalty shootouts that hurt so much.

Lucky as you say with the Muller one, but thought we were the better team across the full 90 mins. I was worried after the 1st 15 mins when they completely dominated but we got into the game slowly.

Shout out to Raheem Sterling, a guy who is perceived as consistently underperforming for the national team - scored in every England win so far. I'm still holding out hope that England will crash and burn in the quarters and semis :D

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Shout out to Raheem Sterling, a guy who is perceived as consistently underperforming for the national team - scored in every England win so far. I'm still holding out hope that England will crash and burn in the quarters and semis :D
England have never lost a game in which Sterling scores, so I'm hoping he scores in all our remaining games ;)

If he does that, the queen will knight him Sir Raheem.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Nervous about tonights game.

Away from Wembley, playing a good team (though we are favourites). These are usually the games that England drop. Fingers crossed this is a "new England".

glantone

Jun 5, 2007
Nervous about tonights game.

Away from Wembley, playing a good team (though we are favourites). These are usually the games that England drop. Fingers crossed this is a "new England".

lets hope it ends better... this time.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Thought the Poms were a bit lucky this morning. Think the ref jumped on the whistle a bit early on that penalty. Wasnt a lot in it.

Anyway, fear they may get flogged but hope they can pull it off against Italy.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
Thought the Poms were a bit lucky this morning. Think the ref jumped on the whistle a bit early on that penalty. Wasnt a lot in it.

Anyway, fear they may get flogged but hope they can pull it off against Italy.
Best thing for the poms was going down a goal early. Hard to see them beating Italy but perhaps on home turf they can make it interesting.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Please take this as tongue in cheek.....................will the Italian's have time after the final to get to Japan for the Olympic diving competition:help:))