Essendon = Entitlement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon = Entitlement

I'd have to know more, If Peggy was involved in fee for no service or money laundering, I'd be pissed off.
Look up Nulis Nominees and their involvement in the RC. Peggy was a Director of Nulis - a trustee company within the NAB Group and trustee for some NAB super funds. She was named in numerous articles.

From memory there was a fee for no service issue where millions had to be refunded to members, and something about applying an interest rate on cash investments for thousands of super members that should have been in My Super accounts, that was well below the RBA rate. Ordinary bank customers were receiving higher rates ! I think the refund was something like $30m in lost, unfair interest to members.

It was 2017 or whatever so I stand to be corrected on the detail.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
The Simpsons Reaction GIF

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Why wasn’t Thorburn an issue when he joined the board or running the review or selecting Brad Scott or the new CEO??

Why wasn’t Thorburn an issue when he joined the board or running the review or selecting Brad Scott or the new CEO??
good question. He should have been. I'd be shocked if he got the gig via blind tender. There would be a few associates who would have vouched for him who would be laying low.

I think there’s a world of difference between his views on abortion and homosexuality. Having an abortion or not is a choice people make. You are entitled to try to persuade people not to make/support certain choices on moral/ethical/whatever grounds, whether that’s abortion, eating meat, investing in fossil fuels, etc etc. “Women’s bodily autonomy” is just one view among several. (Dusclaimer: I am anti-abortion, and female, with a science degree in a related area.)
Women's bodily autonomy is just one view amongst several until the state dictates otherwise, case in point bible belt US state governments following the repeal of Roe vs Wade. Thorburn types don't want anyone of any religion to be able to have the right to choose. Religious conservatives compel the state to criminalise abortion, they want to force all women to carry their pregnancies to term regardless of their personal circumstances.

Thorburn's Church is no different.
Another sermon, published in 2013 and titled What Should Christians Think About Abortion, said: “Whereas today we look back at sadness and disgust over concentration camps, future generations will look back with sadness at the legal murder of hundreds of thousands of human beings every day through medicine and in the name of freedom. Source

I have no problem with religion or those who would personally choose not to have an abortion because of religious beliefs. The problem is when those people use their religious beliefs in the pursuit of controlling how persons outside of their religion choose to do.

Reactions: 9 users
Devastated, was at the WACA watching a young 18 year old get his maiden shield century, blissfully unaware of what had happened, and what I was missing on talk back radio.

Reactions: 1 users
good question. He should have been. I'd be shocked if he got the gig via blind tender. There would be a few associates who would have vouched for him who would be laying low.

I assume he was brought in as a consultant on a sub-committee which is a great way of getting around the scrutiny.

Let’s be honest it was a boys club pick. There was no process.

Devastated, was at the WACA watching a young 18 year old get his maiden shield century, blissfully unaware of what had happened, and what I was missing on talk back radio.
Ah it was just Arsendon being the disaster they are again. Same ole same ole. Another day another f up at Arsendon.

I know it’d be the dunce leading the dunce, but makes you wonder how close the AFL is to stepping in and asking for a few please explains of Arsendon given events of the last few months. Norf as well.