Essendon = Entitlement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon = Entitlement

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Hate the dawks but wouldn't mind seeing them best the dons

Reactions: 1 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Just gotta love the old Wispy Watson there's always a former champion hovering around n haunting every thing that clubs do. Essendrugs has more than it's fair share n I'm just lovin the constant little niggles n nudges keeping them unbalanced
I gave up on him during the drugs saga, was always around the Club in meetings during it yet when he got onto "Talking Footy" he knew nothing about what was going on. Much like the Club themselves. They are the gift that keeps on giving.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
As the Loin Chop was a massive hidden influence around Smelbourne when Irish got the Prez job and Bailey n Connolly were all appointed and through all their tanking issues were going on. Wispy's been all over the Jimmeh n Bomber saga and all it entailed. The longer he keeps hoverin n hauntin the better I like it.

Reactions: 1 user

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
But I thought Essendon are now flag favs given how they are dispatching the dorks - I mean they will be in the 8 at the end of the round and wait for it, the live ladder has them on TOP right now for goodness sake.

As for a slow patient rebuild, they are on top, I can’t believe it but I am sure there is a little * against this.

* top spot courtesy of the fact they are entitled to be there. :unsure:

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
View attachment 18481
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...-scott-found-at-essendon-20230317-p5ct5y.html

The first step to fixing a problem is recognising you have one.

It would appear Brad Scott could be on top of something distant observers detected years ago.

Either that or he takes his cues from PRE like all sensible people in the footy world.

The problem is that they were making very similar noises at the start of last year and ended up sacking another coach and repeating the same mistakes they have made for years.

Have they finally realised it takes time, building up a better list and a bit of luck to get to the top? Time will tell, but they have mouthed these platitudes before without really meaning it.

In getting Brad Scott at least they have got someone who will tell them where they stand and how hard it is going to be to climb the mountain again, he will not hold back, good choice really from an Essendon perspective. But the big question is, will the various centres of power at Essendon listen? They have shown little evidence of doing so for a long time.

DS

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
Robbo is currently on the couch with his therapist. On the one hand, they have spanked Hawthorn and in his view are flag favourites now…….but…..but….Hirdy is not the coach! How can he cope with this awful contradiction. Stayed tuned….same bat time….same bat channel!!

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Robbo is currently on the couch with his therapist. On the one hand, they have spanked Hawthorn and in his view are flag favourites now…….but…..but….Hirdy is not the coach! How can he cope with this awful contradiction. Stayed tuned….same bat time….same bat channel!!
Couple more wins against the inept n Blobbo will be Hirdy? Hirdy? Who the *smile* is Hirdy?

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
It is now without question that the Bombers will be premiers this year.Without question.............................