Essendon = Entitlement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon = Entitlement

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
No idea who Allan Hird is but he's dead wrong.

A forensic analysis of logo changes in all professional sporting codes shows one clear trend. Change the logo, win the flag next year. It's right up there on 68.63% (as of today). Tomorrow it will be 68.64%, and the next day 68.65%. Then 68.66% and so-forth....

;)

Reactions: 1 user

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
No idea who Allan Hird is but he's dead wrong.

A forensic analysis of logo changes in all professional sporting codes shows one clear trend. Change the logo, win the flag next year. It's right up there on 68.63% (as of today). Tomorrow it will be 68.64%, and the next day 68.65%. Then 68.66% and so-forth....

;)

Allan Hird is James Hird's father

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Essendon have moved from their traditional home to Tullamarine so they should change their Name to the Tulla Turkey's

Same for Hawthorn who've moved to Waverley & should be the Wombats, when they go to Dingley become the Dingbats

Collingwood are now next to the Yarra & should be the Yabbies.

West Coast Eagles should be the Perth Parrots.

Melbourne are based in Casey & should be the Crabs

St Kilda likewise should be the Moorabbin Meerkats

Reactions: 2 users

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
Who is publishing Allan Hird? Far be it for me to defend Essendon but not sure they are changing their logo to "fix rot at club's core".
Ah well….now….you see…..it’s like this…..Daddy Hird is an Essendon Legend. He played 4 VFL games for the bombers and his little boy James played there as well. Daddy Hird has had the sh-ts on with Essendon since the Club (apparently) hung his child out to dry with the drugs saga. To rub salt into the wound, his Son ran away crying when Sheeds didn’t get his way and have James installed as Coach regardless of the process involved, cos he said he was a shoo-in. James threw his toys out of the cot and won’t go back. Daddy has been in the press since the early days. WHY THIS GOOSE continues to get his 2 bobs worth just stuns me. At the moment the rot is with Brad Scott because he is going ok and as a result the diehards (Robbo and co) have shut up demanding he be brought back to the Club. They are biding their time and sharpening their blades as soon as the Bombers falter.

Reactions: 4 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Essendon have moved from their traditional home to Tullamarine so they should change their Name to the Tulla Turkey's

Same for Hawthorn who've moved to Waverley & should be the Wombats, when they go to Dingley become the Dingbats

Collingwood are now next to the Yarra & should be the Yabbies.

West Coast Eagles should be the Perth Parrots.

Melbourne are based in Casey & should be the Crabs

St Kilda likewise should be the Moorabbin Meerkats

Given Collingwood are now located in Richmond surely they should now be called Richmond 2? We could call them second rate Richmond.

DS

Wildcat

Tiger Superstar
Oct 25, 2012
I really like the Bombres …and that mexican hat that came about from it.

Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I hated those logos in the 1970s and 1980s where every team had to put the logo on a shield design and they shoved the VFL logo anywhere they could find and it just looked like sh!!t.

Our logo looked a lot better before they shoved it on a shield and shoved the VFL logo on top in a random spot:

d895a67f5433709f5c0cfd3db770b0de--tigers-football.jpg

The aeroplane Essendon used back in the 1970s on the shield design looked innocuous too, just sort of sitting there looking like it about to be bombed before taking flight..

Their current logo is similarly awful, they really should change it. It just looks weird, does that plane have a swing wing, or is the wing just broken?

They could do a lot worse than look up whoever designed our current logo, it is a nice piece of design, flexible enough to be reproduced in black and white and also to be animated, nice design (so nice I had it etched on my new bike I got earlier this year because it works in monochrome).

DS