Essendon = Entitlement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon = Entitlement

So Essendon Ben Mackay is to be paid $1.5m for season 2024. I look forward to seeing a comparison between he and Tyler Young (assuming they both play a reasonable amount of games) at the end of ‘24 to see what you get for $1.5m and what you get for $200k.

Reactions: 6 users
So Essendon Ben Mackay is to be paid $1.5m for season 2024. I look forward to seeing a comparison between he and Tyler Young (assuming they both play a reasonable amount of games) at the end of ‘24 to see what you get for $1.5m and what you get for $200k.
Not exactly fair as they front loaded. By the last year of his contract Young will be on more (assuming he is still on our list).

Caracella moved to coaching the seconds. Strange move for a bloke who is said to have no ambition to be a senior coach and who built his reputation as a strategist.

I assume he and Scott aren’t hitting it off that well and Scott has moved him out of the way

Reactions: 3 users
Caracella moved to coaching the seconds. Strange move for a bloke who is said to have no ambition to be a senior coach and who built his reputation as a strategist.

I assume he and Scott aren’t hitting it off that well and Scott has moved him out of the way
Highest paid two's coach in the comp.... he might even be on more coin than our senior coach?
This could be pretty funny if Norf start making/winning finals before the Bombers!

Its always fun at this time of year to remind ourselves of a more horrible time when Essendon were winning finals, so what was all the rage and what wasn't the last time they won a final. Lets just start with technology.

Minidiscs were still all the rage but were on a downtrend after the release of the Ipod
No-one had ever heard of the Iphone
The Nintendo DS and XBox360 had not been released
No-one had ever heard of a Blue Ray player
Youtube was not part of our lives

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users
Its always fun at this time of year to remind ourselves of a more horrible time when Essendon were winning finals, so what was all the rage and what wasn't the last time they won a final. Lets just start with technology.

Minidiscs were still all the rage but were on a downtrend after the release of the Ipod
I miss minidiscs. Studio quality in a little portable device. Incredible. iPods Mp3s are terrible in comparison. Thats progress.

Reactions: 1 users

I read somewhere that since Essendon last won a final, the Blues have won four spoons!

Now that is a cool stat.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users