Essendon = Entitlement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon = Entitlement

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
im not sure what would be funnier. The Bombers finals failure to continue or for them to finally win one in ‘24 then get their hopes up only to fail another 7300 days. Tough call.
I am comfortable with either scenario. I lean towards option 2. Another 7300+ days would be sensational.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
im not sure what would be funnier. The Bombers finals failure to continue or for them to finally win one in ‘24 then get their hopes up only to fail another 7300 days. Tough call.
Option 3: Druggies make top 4. Fans hopes are sky high. Their arrogance is beyond unbearable. Then they go out in straight sets :ROFLMAO:
But I’m happy for them to not make finals at all

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Read in the Herald Sun today, about how 15 Bomber players paid their own way to the US for a training camp/junket.

Maybe it's wishful thinking a bit, but does stuff like this create a divide in the group, with the 'haves' and the 'have nots', since if 15 went, it means 28 didn't.

Reactions: 1 user

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Read in the Herald Sun today, about how 15 Bomber players paid their own way to the US for a training camp/junket.

Maybe it's wishful thinking a bit, but does stuff like this create a divide in the group, with the 'haves' and the 'have nots', since if 15 went, it means 28 didn't.
"Paid their own way"?
:unsure:

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008

Essendon players going off site to build muscle? Where have I heard that before?

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004

I worked with a guy who was on a supplementary list back in the day. He was on just under $30k for football. He couldn't afford the end of season trip with the club and was massively worried about whether it would hurt his chances long term.
I'd say, even though it's a long time ago, your comment is probably real. He certainly felt an outsider, I think that's just human nature.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021

They could fly to the moon and back but they will always be the same old ordinary side.
Are they still trying to get Stringer fit enough to play? They should sort out that by the time he reaches 45.
The problem with Essendon is they haven't struck gold at the draft, mostly duds.
And you can't have soooo many misses.
They had 3 in 15 a couple of years ago, all of them are ordinary at best. Those picks shouldve returned a game changer, match winner and leader.
You can't use 1st picks on players like McGrath. Sorry if you traded him tommorow he would be 3rd rounder value.
Too many mistakes trading and drafting have Essendon where they are today.
Essendon are similar to Carlton they aren't use to drafting, buying yes but not Developing. Carlton list is 80% built on players from other clubs with Curnow Weithering Cripps and Walsh all 1st rounders making up there best 18.
When we winning flsgs and wearimg down the opposition for 4 long years, the other clubs started to copy. Collingwood, Brisbane etc. We started the 'role player' position, the game style, the dynamics in running a club, yes we created it.
Not the star but a player that could tackle (Castagna), a player that could run all day (Lambert), a player with tremendous speed (Bulter).
Hardwick and Co made us the BMW of the AFL, clubs can try to copy us but we were the genuine part not a Chinese knock off.

Reactions: 2 users

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
How indeed do you fit 17 one-paced plodders, 8 out-and-out duds, 12 list cloggers and a few salad dodgers into one side?

Untitled.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Draper is a poor mans Soldo with a good PR agent. Spare me.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Spitty Watson returns to Ch 7 sports news from holidays and already the 2nd day in a row with Bummers news......get Abbey Gelmi back!!

Reactions: 3 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
The media have to go early in the season for positive Essendon stories. Because there won't be any later in the year

Reactions: 8 users