Essendon = Entitlement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon = Entitlement

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Dodo's final balls up for Essendon was his refusal to offer Massimo D’Ambrosio a multi-year deal last season. After giving him an 18 month deal when he pinched him from our VFL program, he wouldn't offer him a 2 year deal contract extension

The Hawks swooped offered him a multi year, and in his first game for the Hawkers (against the Bombers) he wracked up 29 disposals to be one of the Hawks best. On ya Dodo.
phew! The Dud is still in charge.
IMG_0420.jpeg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Dudoro & Sheeds are the gifts that keep on giving. Sheedy had yet another lap of honour last weekend, with his contingent of 1984-85 premiership players. He had the proudest smile on his face, may he live a long life and stay at the club at an intimate level throughout.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
I can handle a few years in the wilderness ...

... but I'm going AWOL if we ever put up a pathetic, insipid and soul destroying performance of the like Essendon delivered last night.

My God, that club is in a hell of a hole.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Amazing how much current Essendon resembles RFC from 20 years ago.

Still, there are lessons to be learned here. It’s very easy to dig yourself into the hole of mediocrity but it’s very, very hard to get yourself out of it.

Reactions: 5 users

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
The Cats and Essendon are the perfect proof of the importance of good recruiters. The Cats under Wells compete nearly every year and consistently find guns with late picks. The Dons under Dodo haven't won a final for twenty years and still look years off it.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
Robbo will be beside himself this week. Time to start the bring Hird back to Essendon. “Gerard, Brad Scott has lost the players……there are a number of people behind the scenes that believe the Club made a mistake by not appointing James Hird as coach”……

• Haha

JAKLAUGHING

Tiger Cub
Jun 2, 2019
I can handle a few years in the wilderness ...

... but I'm going AWOL if we ever put up a pathetic, insipid and soul destroying performance of the like Essendon delivered last night.

My God, that club is in a hell of a hole.
crowds.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
And I quote from Robbo in todays H/S as he is lamenting Essendon’s performance and lack of improvement:

“The Coach has to find consistency, find players to do the job or he will be under scrutiny”……….

This is part of a larger article and a comparison between Geelong and Essendon. Or Scott v Scott. Where he placing his scrutiny on them both. He seems to think Essendon got the bad Scott.

“Hirdy……where are youuuuuuuuu”……

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009
And I quote from Robbo in todays H/S as he is lamenting Essendon’s performance and lack of improvement:

“The Coach has to find consistency, find players to do the job or he will be under scrutiny”……….

This is part of a larger article and a comparison between Geelong and Essendon. Or Scott v Scott. Where he placing his scrutiny on them both. He seems to think Essendon got the bad Scott.

“Hirdy……where are youuuuuuuuu”……
I picture him writing that sitting in a dark room with a dim lamp in the corner, the desk is strewn with scrunched up papers. There's a bottle of scotch 7/8 gone already and he's mumbling "Hirdy.....where are youuuuuuuuu".... into an empty glass

• Haha