Essendon = Entitlement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon = Entitlement

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Jakey is flying again this summer. Rinse & repeat. No Club does the "pre season talk" anywhere near like this mob.

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Jakey is flying again this summer. Rinse & repeat. No Club does the "pre season talk" anywhere near like this mob.
I reckon the reporting on the Dons has changed slightly this year.
Usually from November until April it has been "The Dons are a premiership contender" but this year it seems to be more "The Dons are talked up every year and fail, (but just quietly this might be the year they are a true premiership contender.)"

Reactions: 3 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Usually from November until April it has been "The Dons are a premiership contender" but this year it seems to be more "The Dons are talked up every year and fail, (but just quietly this might be the year they are a true premiership contender.)"
That will change if they win consecutive games then the hype is back on. Which will then die off once they start doing what comes naturally to them, losing games

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
I have noticed that! Like, tell us you are always wrong without actually telling us.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
That will change if they win consecutive games then the hype is back on. Which will then die off once they start doing what comes naturally to them, losing games
Just like when Jakey kicks 4 v Norf & he's a Superstar again, then plays a mid table side & when the game is on the line he goes MIA again.

Reactions: 1 user

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Just like when Jakey kicks 4 v Norf & he's a Superstar again, then plays a mid table side & when the game is on the line he goes MIA again.
Yep. And when after they fail again after getting hyped up by the media, after winning said consecutive games, the media turn on them and say how the club got their hopes up ( the media and bummers supporters only) only to dismally fail, when it was obvious to everyone else that they were *smile* all year with only a few glimpses of good play

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
It's probably the only year I haven't heard Essendon are the Real Deal and a chance to win a flag.
They are hopeless

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
This has crossed my mind a few times so thought I'd ask, it may have been discussed and I missed it or forgot. Was Dudoro ever held to account or criticised for failing dismally to get the Bobby Hill deal done? Absolute negligence. Had him parcelled up, Hill willing to go there, and he refused to pay a fair price and botched the deal. It was all on the record in that Stan draft doco a couple of years back. At the time I thought what an idiot. In hindsight, Norm Smith medal and Collingwood flag later, he looks like a monumentally incompetent fool.

Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
This has crossed my mind a few times so thought I'd ask, it may have been discussed and I missed it or forgot. Was Dudoro ever held to account or criticised for failing dismally to get the Bobby Hill deal done? Absolute negligence. Had him parcelled up, Hill willing to go there, and he refused to pay a fair price and botched the deal. It was all on the record in that Stan draft doco a couple of years back. At the time I thought what an idiot. In hindsight, Norm Smith medal and Collingwood flag later, he looks like a monumentally incompetent fool.
Essendon FC in human form.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Essendon FC in human form.
It is an indictment on him and them. The deal in isolation, just get it done FFS! These things take a lot of work to set up, and he stuffs it up at the death because seemingly he has to 'win' the negotiation. Hill wanted to go to Ess, they seemed to want him, Giants named their price, which was on the money, and Dudoro low balls them and won't budge. It is astounding. What player in the future would trust Dudoro and Essendon? The contrast with Blair could not be more stark. We do the work to set the deals up, we follow through.

Reactions: 4 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Dodo's final balls up for Essendon was his refusal to offer Massimo D’Ambrosio a multi-year deal last season. After giving him an 18 month deal when he pinched him from our VFL program, he wouldn't offer him a 2 year deal contract extension

The Hawks swooped offered him a multi year, and in his first game for the Hawkers (against the Bombers) he wracked up 29 disposals to be one of the Hawks best. On ya Dodo.

Reactions: 7 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
ay have been discussed and I missed it or forgot. Was Dudoro ever held to account or criticised for failing dismally to get the Bobby Hill deal done?
You don’t criticize the drafting god
He has never failed. I mean just look at the success they’ve had in the decades he has looked after the list
:ROFLMAO:

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Dodo's final balls up for Essendon was his refusal to offer Massimo D’Ambrosio a multi-year deal last season. After giving him an 18 month deal when he pinched him from our VFL program, he wouldn't offer him a 2 year deal contract extension

The Hawks swooped offered him a multi year, and in his first game for the Hawkers (against the Bombers) he wracked up 29 disposals to be one of the Hawks best. On ya Dodo.
That’s what we should have done.

Reactions: 4 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
Geez you lot

SSSSHHHHH

Dorodo been a great servant of the Essendon FC and you can only hope he continues