Established Player vs Magic Beans | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Established Player vs Magic Beans

Don’t really agree with Hardwick on this one

We used to mess up our top 5 picks, once upon a time

But the last couple of times we had them our recruiters delivered Hardwick three flags

There’s your Taranto types who can be great players in their own right.

But then there’s Cotchin and Martin.

Nah this is spin from Dimma

We needed that pick this year.
What a surprise.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Don’t really agree with Hardwick on this one

We used to mess up our top 5 picks, once upon a time

But the last couple of times we had them our recruiters delivered Hardwick three flags

There’s your Taranto types who can be great players in their own right.

But then there’s Cotchin and Martin.

Nah this is spin from Dimma

We needed that pick this year.

I'd argue that it wasn't us who got those picks right, it was Carlton and Melbourne who got theirs wrong. Plenty of other evidence to suggest that it was sheer dumb luck that we didn't have Kruezer or Trengove/Scully running around in the yellow and black instead of Cotch and Martin.

As for the draft lottery vs known quantities, if you gave me a time machine and the ability to trade out the picks we used on Richard Tambling, Corey Ellis, Ben Lennon, Ty Vickery, Jack Higgins, Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls, Reece Conca, Aaron Fiora, and various others in the late 1st/early 2nd rounds - not for stars, but for solid 100 game role players - I'd do it in an absolute heartbeat. Wouldn't think twice.

And if there was an opportunity to bundle a few of those picks up and get exposed top-5 talent through the doors, I'd do it even quicker.

You can build a team and a plan around what you know. Chances of success drop off significantly when you try to do it with hopes and dreams.

Reactions: 4 users