Every picture tells a story ..... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Every picture tells a story .....

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Another one here that has jumped on board the AFLW Tigers train never thought I would or could
the improvement has been fantastic to watch

Reactions: 3 users

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
Sorry but if there's one game in the world that doesn't suit females its Aussie Rules.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Welcome aboard laggards :)

Truth is that once the girls started getting competitive, most RFC supporters would jump onboard. They are wearing our jumper, they sing our song, they are proud Tigers so they deserve that same support that our other teams get.

Anyone still declaring AFLW a stupid waste of money and boring to watch, well, enjoy your Brontosaurus Burger and say Hi to Fred for me.

Reactions: 4 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
I watched a couple of times this year. Couldn't go past a couple of minutes without zoning out.

I love footy at its finest.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Knights, Campbell, Richardson, Cameron, Broderick and co.

Yeah, there's probably and handful of our girls who are A graders at the moment. Not much difference, except our girls are now competitive and not the laughing stock of the competition

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
There's a bit of a Dusty vibe of anticipation whenever Ellie McKenzie takes the game on, and Matty Knights when Conti skirts the packs. Have the Hoskings been getting tips from Marlion?

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I watched a couple of times this year. Couldn't go past a couple of minutes without zoning out.

I love footy at its finest.
I find the best way too look at it is not to compare it to the men's game whatsoever.
Totally different rules for a start. Not to mention different sexes.
Just look at it as the elite footy competition for Women & you'll see it with a different set of eyes.
These girls are bloody great at what they do & it will just get better & better.

Reactions: 9 users

BetterTigers

Tiger Rookie
May 21, 2011
I find the best way too look at it is not to compare it to the men's game whatsoever.
Totally different rules for a start. Not to mention different sexes.
Just look at it as the elite footy competition for Women & you'll see it with a different set of eyes.
These girls are bloody great at what they do & it will just get better & better.
Totally agree on this. Best way to watch is to enjoy the game as it is ... and the passion and intensity that the players have for the Y&B is inspiring.

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003
I quite enjoy the AFLW.
Sure some games can be mundane, but the mens game has plenty of those too (and now Ross Lyon is back, prepare for more!)

No problem with others not liking it, but don’t see the point in going out of one’s way to can something under our colours that many get benefit from. Inclusiveness is a key element of the modern spirit of the club that allowed us to enjoy 3 mens premierships.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I check the news for the scores and say, "hey, we won" but I can't watch the games. For the 30 seconds of being enthralled, there's still 100 minutes of at best country standard football.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
It’s gone from a painful slog to now having basic skills almost always being executed (first time I watched handpasses missed and they kicked like me missing 15m passes). Now there are some truly great bits of play executed by some of our A graders that are good to watch.

If they start rewarding some tackles the play should open up more too as the main downside now is a lot of the ball being stuck in one spot.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
It’s gone from a painful slog to now having basic skills almost always being executed (first time I watched handpasses missed and they kicked like me missing 15m passes). Now there are some truly great bits of play executed by some of our A graders that are good to watch.

If they start rewarding some tackles the play should open up more too as the main downside now is a lot of the ball being stuck in one spot.

Yes, standard was shocking at the start but is getting better and will only get better as the girls get elite coaching at junior levels and AFLW pathways.

Reminds me of womens cricket. Was similarly poor 15 years ago but I really enjoy watching it now.

Reactions: 2 users

Gunsmoke

Tiger Rookie
May 4, 2009
I have enjoyed watching it since Richmond joined the competition, I think the standard has improved every year and it is not a bad watch now even as a neutral. The one area that marked improvement is needed generally is the ability to play the ball in a contest, but the best in the business in AFLW do that well as well, it's probably the differentiating skill imo.

For calibration of taste I do enjoy country and local footy more than watching AFL footy these days.

rensman

interpreter to the stars...
May 6, 2004
North Eastern Victoria
Im happy we have a team but just not interested personally. What gets my goat is that content is not negotiable on the app and on the website if you just want men's content you've got no choice but have to plough through all the AFLW content. in this day of being able to choose content I don't think this is fair it's force fed to us in my opinion

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I have a Passing interest but notice getting more interested this year and watching Conti is a pleasure

Sydney Stack really should have done everything he could to keep her , Such a beautiful person