Fish fingers (Japanese style) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Fish fingers (Japanese style)

Liverpool

How did that Julia and Kevin thing work out? :)
Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
Surprised nobody has mentioned the fishing going on in the Southern Ocean and the pirates attacking these poor fishermen.... :hihi

Sorry...just :stir

Seriously though, there are a few people who are at fault here:

1: The Australian Government
(And with that I mean Rudd AND Howard).
As we have seen in our northern waters, we are far too soft when it comes to illegal fishing in our waters.
For whatever reason (whether it is some sort of trade deal that we don't know about?) we are even more lenient when it comes to the Japanese fishing in our southern waters.
While I think the way we handle the illegal Indonesian fishermen in our waters is soft, we should at the very least, have our navy board and confiscate the Japanese whaling vessels. Crews to be deported back to Japan and the boat used as bombing practice for our RAAF pilots.

2: The Japanese Whalers
Harpooning whales for 'research purposes'?
Give me a break! :mad:
Stop the lies and garbage and be honest to begin with.
But they (and others) will continue to flaunt our territories while we keep playing a soft tune when dealing with such trespassing.

3: Greenpeace
I have no sympathy for the 2 people who are now imprisoned on the whaling vessel.
Even though they claim they only boarded to hand the captain a letter (which I think is a load of crap), the acts of vandalism, ramming boats, throwing acid, and illegally boarding the whaling vessel, amount close to a breach of maritine law regarding 'piracy'.
They knew what they were getting themselves into when going down south to confront the whalers and even more by boarding their vessel, and they are lucky to still be alive.
To now cry for the Government to intervene because they have been captured is a bit rich.

This whole whaling fiasco should have been sorted out well before now.
The Australian Government to give a warning before the ships left Japan:
Enter our waters illegally and you will be blown out of the water.

Six Pack

Tiger Legend
Aug 28, 2007
'Blown out of the water?'

Come on!

you are well known for your ridiculous chest beating statements (Livers puts his hand up to torture crims for example) but this is just ridiculous.

Have a bex and lie down, mate.

Liverpool

Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
Six Pack said:
'Blown out of the water?'
Come on!
you are well known for your ridiculous chest beating statements (Livers puts his hand up to torture crims for example) but this is just ridiculous.
Have a bex and lie down, mate.

Not at all SixPack.
I think we pander far too much to outside groups and I don't see why we don't look after our resources and our land/sea with far more conviction than we do.

But I can see where you are coming from as you must be in a conundrum over this topic.
One part of you who votes green would be all for protecting the whales and backing Greenpeace and would like to see the whalers get their arses kicked....but the other side of you would be the 'human rights and understanding' side and don't want to see the whalers or their boats harmed.
You must be in a mess, SixPack....you sure you don't need the bex and lie down? :hihi

Six Pack

Tiger Legend
Aug 28, 2007
So you would seriously consider blowing them out of the water?

Your're insane.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Liverpool said:
I have no sympathy for the 2 people who are now imprisoned on the whaling vessel.

They're not from Greenpeace.

mopsy fraser

EAT 'EM ALIVE!
May 10, 2006
geelong
Liverpool said:
Surprised nobody has mentioned the fishing going on in the Southern Ocean and the pirates attacking these poor fishermen.... :hihi

Sorry...just :stir

Seriously though, there are a few people who are at fault here:

1: The Australian Government
(And with that I mean Rudd AND Howard).
As we have seen in our northern waters, we are far too soft when it comes to illegal fishing in our waters.
For whatever reason (whether it is some sort of trade deal that we don't know about?) we are even more lenient when it comes to the Japanese fishing in our southern waters.
While I think the way we handle the illegal Indonesian fishermen in our waters is soft, we should at the very least, have our navy board and confiscate the Japanese whaling vessels. Crews to be deported back to Japan and the boat used as bombing practice for our RAAF pilots.

2: The Japanese Whalers
Harpooning whales for 'research purposes'?
Give me a break! :mad:
Stop the lies and garbage and be honest to begin with.
But they (and others) will continue to flaunt our territories while we keep playing a soft tune when dealing with such trespassing.

Even though they claim they only boarded to hand the captain a letter (which I think is a load of crap), the acts of vandalism, ramming boats, throwing acid, and illegally boarding the whaling vessel, amount close to a breach of maritine law regarding 'piracy'.
They knew what they were getting themselves into when going down south to confront the whalers and even more by boarding their vessel, and they are lucky to still be alive.
To now cry for the Government to intervene because they have been captured is a bit rich.

This whole whaling fiasco should have been sorted out well before now.
The Australian Government to give a warning before the ships left Japan:
Enter our waters illegally and you will be blown out of the water.
:hihi :hihi :hihi

i like your thinking liverpool.
but that may be a touch too drastic ;D
i can`t stop laughing.

but we have done it before,the pong su drug ship met that fate.
http://www.defence.gov.au/news/raafnews/EDITIONS/4805/topstories/story07.htm

but i agree we need to be far more stronger than we have been.
it`s embarrasing how weak we have been.

i think if they enter our waters illegally our customs officials or navy should board their vessel and arrest them.

Liverpool

Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
Six Pack said:
So you would seriously consider blowing them out of the water?
Your're insane.

I think if we said that is what would happen to them before they left Japan and to enter our waters at their own peril....then I have no problem with it.

I'm sick of hearing weak as *smile* excuses for taking action such as 'surveillance ships'......what the hell? :mad:
We don't need to do surveillance on them as we know what they are doing....what we want them to do is to stop and one way to solve a problem is to halt it happening to begin with.
That is why past Australian governments and this one we have now are GUTLESS when it comes to situations like this.

Look at the Indonesians up north....we have the navy 'stop or we will shoot across your bow'. ::)
While the illegal Indonesian fisherman laugh at us, knowing full well that we would never fire on them and across the bow is as bad as it would get. They continue merrily along and will be back the next day to fish again in out waters.

No wonder we are the laughing stock of the world... :-[

rosy23 said:
They're not from Greenpeace.

I know, I know...but Sea Shepherd, Greenpace, etc...they are all on the same team...they just come under different labels.

mopsy fraser said:
:hihi :hihi :hihi
i like your thinking liverpool.
but that may be a touch too drastic ;D
i can`t stop laughing.
but we have done it before,the pong su drug ship met that fate.
http://www.defence.gov.au/news/raafnews/EDITIONS/4805/topstories/story07.htm
but i agree we need to be far more stronger than we have been.
it`s embarrasing how weak we have been.
i think if they enter our waters illegally our customs officials or navy should board their vessel and arrest them.

Drastic times call for drastic action.
At the very least arrest them and use the boat as F-111 bombing practice.
We need to make a statement and let the Japs and Indos know that this is OUR waters and OUR fish...but no....we bow and scrape to anyone these days.
It's pathetic. :mad:

1eyedtiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 2, 2007
Liverpool said:
No wonder we are the laughing stock of the world... :-[

Yep, couldn't agree more. I said this country was soft in the soft thread. And this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Gotta agree with Mopsy though, your proposed actions are a little harsh.

On the other hand, the Japanese claim that the only way to perform scientific research on whales is to kill them. I'm sure that Australia could find a reason to do some scientific research on the Japanese people. Just out of interest.

I'm pretty sure there's only one way to do it. >:D

Liverpool

Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
Six Pack said:
Yeah great idea! Why don't we just kill all of them.

Well, what's your grand plan then Sixpack?

Ask them nicely...say 'pretty please'? :hihi

Give me a break...its time to wake up and smell the roses.

These people....Indonesian fishermen and now the Japanese whalers....are treating us as the joke that we are.
We pander and side-step issue after issue when it comes to others spitting in our faces.

The Japanese know we are against whaling in OUR waters...and yet what do we do?
Nothing.
is that your plan too?

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Whaling for scientific research. What a load of codswallop and everyone knows it. The Japanese are supposed to be a very smart bunch, how many years has this research been carried out?
They would know more about what makes a whale tick than Jonah!
And he got a fairly good "inside" look.

jayfox

Tiger Champion
Nov 11, 2003
I think the balance lies somewhere inbetween Liverpool and Six Pack here. I do think Liverpool's comments about blowing them out of the water are a tad extreme, particularly as, if it came to a show of force of Japan vs Australia we would not last until sunset (without help). Having said that, we do need to be more proactive in avoiding unethical activities in our waters and a strong message does need to be sent. I would suggest a very firm diplomatic request to the Japanese Govt. to remove them from our waters initially and then, if that got no result, an Australian Navy ship guiding the Japanese out of our waters, would be suffiecient.

What is your stance on what the Govt. should do Six pack, as you seem to have avoided Liverpool's request to give us your opinion on what we should do?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Liverpool said:
I know, I know...but Sea Shepherd, Greenpace, etc...they are all on the same team...they just come under different labels.

Amnesty International, Greenpeace, Sea Shepherd etc all go about things differently. You should modify your post to correct your error rather than attribute the actions to the wrong group. It wasn't Greenpeace people as you've alluded to so why say it was?

Liverpool

Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
rosy23 said:
Amnesty International, Greenpeace, Sea Shepherd etc all go about things differently. You should modify your post to correct your error rather than attribute the actions to the wrong group. It wasn't Greenpeace people as you've alluded to so why say it was?

Like I said Rosy...they all bat for the same team but come under different labels:

http://www.seashepherd.org/editorials/editorial_051230_1.html

...therefore, I won't be modifying my post.

Liverpool

Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
jayfox said:
I would suggest a very firm diplomatic request to the Japanese Govt. to remove them from our waters initially and then, if that got no result, an Australian Navy ship guiding the Japanese out of our waters, would be suffiecient.

Jayfox,
O.k...no problem with the dilpomatic line of thought, but how do you 'guide' a Japanese vessel out of our waters if they purely refuse to deviate from what they are doing?
The only way (apart from my F-111 bombing practice) would be to board the ship, arrest the crew, and for the Navy to tow the boat back to Australia where it can be destroyed, with the Japanese crew being deported back to Japan.

Six Pack

Tiger Legend
Aug 28, 2007
Blowing them all up, and machine gunning the survivors as they struggle in the water aside, how are a nation's 'waters' or territory defined? ie. how is it established who 'owns' what?

Liverpool

Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
Six Pack said:
Blowing them all up, and machine gunning the survivors as they struggle in the water aside, how are a nation's 'waters' or territory defined? ie. how is it established who 'owns' what?

SixPack, why don't you answer Jayfox mate?

jayfox said:
What is your stance on what the Govt. should do Six pack, as you seem to have avoided Liverpool's request to give us your opinion on what we should do?

Six Pack

Tiger Legend
Aug 28, 2007
I'm still thinking about it, Livers. Unlike you I don't let my keyboard work faster than my brain.

Liverpool

Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
Six Pack said:
I'm still thinking about it, Livers. Unlike you I don't let my keyboard work faster than my brain.

By the time you think about it, the Japs would have knocked off a couple of hundred humpbacks and would be downing a few sakes on the voyage home... :hihi