Fish fingers (Japanese style) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Fish fingers (Japanese style)

Livers, I hadnt thought about it much to be honest but your position was so patently ridiculous i felt compelled to say something.

Six Pack said:
Livers, I hadnt thought about it much to be honest but your position was so patently ridiculous i felt compelled to say something.

Well, maybe you should think about it yourself first before condemning other people's ideas, o.k?

I'll take you a bit more seriously if you said "Your idea is crap Liverpool, I think we should do...."

If you don't then you'll continue to be the one-line quip expert who offers ZILCH.

Livers, how about you think through a few of yr half baked ideas as well. You've come up with some stupid stuff over the journey but sending out the navy to sink Japanese whalers is down there with yr worst work.

Six Pack said:
Livers, how about you think through a few of yr half baked ideas as well. You've come up with some stupid stuff over the journey but sending out the navy to sink Japanese whalers is down there with yr worst work.

I never said just go int here and blow them up....you warn them first before they even leave Japan that this is what is going to happen.
They take the risk at their own peril then.

Anyways, I rekcon if you did a poll......'sucking up to the Japs' .v. Blowing them out of the water....I'd win hands down! 8)

you would Liv, but going to jail just lets them win. Need to win this one so that the harvesting stops.

As much as I'm against whale hunting I don't think it's worth starting a war over.

Just wondering what everbody has against the whales being caught killed and eaten. Thats whats happening here isnt it? Are whales of a higher intelligence than other animals we eat? Or is it the way they are killed, inhumane ect. Not supporting whaling mind you, just wanting to know the facts.

I think there are issues of survival for certain species, Duke, and also issues of cruelty. Whaling was obviously an important part of the Australian economy in colonial times and some species are only just returning to our waters after nearly being wiped out. It's a pretty delicate balance.

It's also illegal and they are protected.  Japan are refusing to comply and instead killing a large amount of whales under the guise of "research".

I heard an old Japanese man on the radio a few nights ago.  Once whale meat was the staple diet in Japan, their only real source of meat.  That's no longer the case and they don't need to harvest whales for food any more.

The Japs whaling efforts remind me of the Indian Cricket Team.  One set of rules for themselves and one for the others.

Are all mammals protected species?

rosy23 said:

No.
Kangaroos aren't. Cows aren't. Sheep aren't....and there would be plenty more mammals that we kill and eat.

willo said:
Still mammal though

Thanks Willo.

Now watch the lefties argue with me for the next 200 pages trying to prove that kangaroos aren't mammals.... :hihi

Liverpool said:
Thanks Willo.

Now watch the lefties argue with me for the next 200 pages trying to prove that kangaroos aren't mammals.... :hihi
Marsupials are mammals in which the female typically has a pouch (called the marsupium) to rear its young. From which the name marsupial is derived.
Just to save any debate ;)

dukeos said:
Just wondering what everbody has against the whales being caught killed and eaten. Thats whats happening here isnt it? Are whales of a higher intelligence than other animals we eat? Or is it the way they are killed, inhumane ect. Not supporting whaling mind you, just wanting to know the facts.
i think it`s mainly to do with the brutal way they are killed.
at least it is for me.
the poor buggers get explosive tipped harpoons fired into them which cause enormous internal damage.
and unlike humans,whales don`t have a trigger point where they fall unconsciuos through extreme pain.
they are awake and conscious the whole time and it takes up to an hour or more for them to die a very slow painful death.
not only that but some species are endangered.
added to the fact that the japanese enter our waters to do this just tops it off.

rosy23 said:

Whoops.  That wasn't what I meant to ask and I thought I'd deleted the question.  I was wondering to myself really and meant native, non-domestic/introduced animals.  I didn't give it too much thought anyway so please ignore.

On the topic of Kangaroos, they are protected here.  If you need to cull them you have to apply to the DNRE for a permit and if they approve of the reason you give and think it's necessary they'll give you permission to shoot a certain number...ie 5 roos. 

mopsy fraser said:
i think it`s mainly to do with the brutal way they are killed.
at least it is for me.
the poor buggers get explosive tipped harpoons fired into them which cause enormous internal damage.
and unlike humans,whales don`t have a trigger point where they fall unconsciuos through extreme pain.
they are awake and conscious the whole time and it takes up to an hour or more for them to die a very slow painful death.
not only that but some species are endangered.
added to the fact that the japanese enter our waters to do this just tops it off.

Righto, sounds pretty awful, thanks for the info all.

A man's gotta know his own limitations, as Clint Eastwood once said in some film or other... :hihi

As punishment they should get the japanese fisherman to go and clean this up for us.

100 million tonnes of the gear.Unreal.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,23156017-5012780,00.html