Fish fingers (Japanese style) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Fish fingers (Japanese style)

Six Pack said:
Possibly.

How are we going.....that little monkey pedalling inside your head got enough power to answer yet?

What is your stance on what the Govt. should do Six pack, as you seem to have avoided Liverpool's request to give us your opinion on what we should do?

C'mon SixPack...what's your grand plan...you must have one after voting Green in the last election....

You see, here's the essential difference between you and me, Livers. You come out with ill thought out rubbish like murdering the Japanese whalers, and if i can't give you a 30 second news grab of an answer, you carry on like the world is gonna end. Your concentration span is limited and you think that these sorts of complex issues can be reduced to simplistic black and white, us and them answers. i think it comes from watching too much tabloid tv, but I might be wrong.

Six Pack said:
You see, here's the essential difference between you and me, Livers. You come out with ill thought out rubbish like murdering the Japanese whalers, and if i can't give you a 30 second news grab of an answer, you carry on like the world is gonna end. Your concentration span is limited and you think that these sorts of complex issues can be reduced to simplistic black and white, us and them answers. i think it comes from watching too much tabloid tv, but I might be wrong.

The problem Sixpack, is that you don't come up with any opinions or ideas yourself....but just have one-line potshots at everyone else.
When asked for your ideas and opinions, then we either get no response, or like this post from you, another crack at myself.
Why don't you show some guts and share your opinions as well, if you have any?
Surely being a Greenie, you have an opinion on the whaling issue.....so stop dodging the question and give us YOUR opinion, and if you don't (which you are entitled to do) don't have potshots at others who do have the guts to share their opinion.

What is your stance on what the Govt. should do Six pack, as you seem to have avoided Liverpool's request to give us your opinion on what we should do?

Liverpool said:
No wonder we are the laughing stock of the world...

In your mind only champ. Most of the rest of the world doesn't give a proverbial.

Liverpool said:
others who do have the guts to share their opinion.

How does it take guts to give an opinion on an anonymous internet forum?

And I don't see why it's necessary to have a complete answer to point out the stupidity of what someone else is saying.

Furthermore the Japanese aren't hunting in Australian waters - they are international waters, but as usual don't let facts stand in the way of your absurd arguments. The only laughing stock here is you and your usual armchair googling which tends to miss the point by a very wide margin.

International waters are anywhere outside the national waters of a country - which exists inside a certain limit around the coastline of a particular country - I can't remember the actual limit.

In Antarctica Australia claims the waters within this limit around the Australian Antarctic territory and we also have an "Australian Whale Sanctuary" - not sure of the international legality of this sanctuary though.

The Japanese hunt whale around the whole antarctic area and would sometimes be known to enter the whale sanctuary and Australian waters, but also do a lot of fishing outside those areas. I don't know where the whole Greenpeace activist thing took place, inside or outside.

antman said:
Furthermore the Japanese aren't hunting in Australian waters - they are international waters, but as usual don't let facts stand in the way of your absurd arguments. The only laughing stock here is you and your usual armchair googling which tends to miss the point by a very wide margin.

Thanks Antman

Illegal Japanese Whalers found in Australian Waters

http://www.whales.org.au/news/antarctic.html

Australian judge rules against hunt
On Tuesday, Australian Federal Court Judge James Allsop ruled that Kyodo Senpaku Kaisha, the company that operates Japan's hunting ships, broke Australian law by whaling inside Australia's exclusive economic zone, which extends 200 nautical miles from Australian-declared territory in Antarctica.
Allsop found that Kyodo Senpaku Kaisha had "killed, injured, taken and interfered" with minke, fin and humpback whales inside the zone — which is designated as a whale sanctuary under Australian law — and ordered that the company "be restrained" from future hunts.
Killing a whale is punishable by up to two years in prison under Australian law.
But Japan, like most countries, does not recognize Australia's territorial claim on Antarctica or its surrounding waters and says Australia has no authority to enforce its domestic laws on the high seas.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22670246/

Liverpool said:
Like I said Rosy...they all bat for the same team but come under different labels:

http://www.seashepherd.org/editorials/editorial_051230_1.html

...therefore, I won't be modifying my post.

This week Green Peace spokesperson Pia Mancia told the media that any association between Sea Shepherd and Green Peace is rubbish.

Thanks for the link to Pia's comment. Why you want to post claiming the 2 men were from Greenpeace when they were from Sea Shepherd, which is known for more it's more agressive tactics, is beyond me. I'm not surprised you aren't changing your post, even though it's clearly not accurate. Past experience with some of your posts and comments indicates honesty and accuracy aren't always your strong points.

rosy23 said:
Thanks for the link to Pia's comment. Why you want to post claiming the 2 men were from Greenpeace when they were from Sea Shepherd, which is known for more it's more agressive tactics, is beyond me. I'm not surprised you aren't changing your post, even though it's clearly not accurate. Past experience with some of your posts and comments indicates honesty and accuracy aren't always your strong points.

Well put, Rosy. i agree with yr sentiments! :clap

Liverpool said:
Thanks Antman

No worries, even Antman is wrong sometimes... and I am happy to stand corrected.

I did find this other map which details Australian Antarctic Territory, waters and Aus Whale Sanctuary.

http://www.environment.gov.au/coasts/species/cetaceans/sanctuary.html

How is it that a nation that places a high value on honor resorts to lies to justify whaling?

Also, if these whales are being killed for scientific research, where are the results of this research? Or do the results belong to Japan exclusively even though the whales were killed outside their own waters?

I've said this before, the answer to this one is easy.

Its all about money.

The Japanese need to whale to evaluate stocks to determine when commercial whaling can resume. Fine, nice precident.

Lets give them a choice then.

If they want their 1000-2000 minkies a year, great, knock yourself out Japan. BUT, after reviewing our diminishing stocks of Southern Bluefin Tuna, we are revoking all fishing rights for this crop in Australian Economic Zones outside of our "research" fleet, which will conduct fishing to count how many there are.

That being said, if "research" by catching stocks of an endangered species is a crock, well I suppose we can both find another way to examine our respective problems.....

Japanese eat SWFA whale meat, but they eat tuna daily. Do the math :spin

rosy23 said:

Nice of you to pick one line from Greenpeace out of the whole article and ignore the rest of it following:

Unfortunately, this presents a credibility problem for Green Peace. Sea Shepherd Conservation Society and the Green Peace Foundation have been linked intimately together for three decades.
This relationship with Sea Shepherd cannot be so lightly dismissed.

In this article, I use Greenpeace to describe the organization as it was originally, when it was both organization and movement. I use Green Peace when referring to the organization after it was brought under total control by a bureacracy. My hope is that the Green will someday be rejoined with the Peace.
Today, I am the only original crewmember from the first Greenpeace voyages that continues to be active on the high seas. I was a participant on the first campaign to protest nuclear testing at Amchitka Island in 1971. I was a founding director of the Greenpeace Foundation in 1972 and the 1st Officer on the first Greepeace voyage to protect the whales in 1975. I was a co-founder of Greenpeace International in 1979 and I was the founder of the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society in 1977.
The first directors of Sea Shepherd Conservation Society in 1977 were Al Johnson, the founder of Greenpeace USA; Starlet Lum, the founder of Greenpeace Quebec; and Ron Precious, the cameraman on numerous Greenpeace voyages.

Nice try Rosy....but no cigar! ;)

The Japanese aren't just evaluating stock though. They are making a deliberate attempt to deceive Australia regarding their true intentions. The Japanese have said all along that their whaling is for scientific purposes which they have so far refused to expand upon.

Even if the Japanese are just checking stock numbers, where are the results?

1eyedtiger said:
The Japanese aren't just evaluating stock though. They are making a deliberate attempt to deceive Australia regarding their true intentions. The Japanese have said all along that their whaling is for scientific purposes which they have so far refused to expand upon.
Even if the Japanese are just checking stock numbers, where are the results?

It's all *smile* 1-eyed....and what do we do about it?

Sixpack,
What's your opinion on the whaling?
What do you think we should do?