Footy Classified SOS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy Classified SOS

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
The_General said:
Why is everyone obsessed with the Yarran trade? If we were in the same situation and could trade away trouble for a couple of picks, we'd do it in a heartbeat (especially if it were Carlton).

Yarran is gone, we lost out. However we won a premiership and Carlton are tanking (unintentionally) on the bottom of the ladder. Every club is going to make mistakes, take risks which backfire etc. We need to move on and worry about what we've got ahead of us.

Yeah it's done. Learn & don't repeat.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
zippadeee said:
He rolled lloyd when he said trading Tom bell to Brisbane got them Curnow. That wiped the smirk of Lloyds face.
He also Brough us up asking Caro how long did it take Richmond to rebuild. No answer from caros arrow.
They got 2 first rounders for a 28 year old, that's a massive tick.
They got Curnow from trading Bell, double massive tick.
But the rest is junk. He brought up Plowman a couple of times, he is nothing special.
Overal he was on front foot, very agitated and answered most questions with a aggressive tone.

Front foot?? You watched a different interview. Was defensive, twitchy, barely coherent at times, unconvincing most of the time, and generally out of his depth. I understand PR isn't his bag but geez, poor all round from everyone. Lloyd looked totally frazzled too. Unpro from a footy and media management angles

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
craig said:
Did they ask SoS which Giants players are coming to Carton next year

Basically said wanted plowman but had to take the rest as part of the deal!

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
tigersnake said:
Front foot?? You watched a different interview. Was defensive, twitchy, barely coherent at times, unconvincing most of the time, and generally out of his depth. I understand PR isn't his bag but geez, poor all round from everyone. Lloyd looked totally frazzled too. Unpro from a footy and media management angles

Silivagni has always been like that. He went in there agitated and he gave very stern returns from questions from both Caro and lloyd.
Hutchy at one stage gave a funny look as to say not to push him anymore.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
i love how Judd just sat there, twiddling his thumbs, the last place he wanted to be.

cmarkidis

"GO YOU TIGERS!!"
Nov 22, 2004
SOS is a lightweight like their ex-president (Kernahan), whose parting comments at a general meeting where: "We're caarlton, the rest can GF!!".

SOS should part with "We're caarlton, and we're F#$@*&"!!

Long may he reign as their list manager.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
tigerman said:
i love how Judd just sat there, twiddling his thumbs, the last place he wanted to be.

Judd was told, and agreed, that he wasn't allowed to get involved. it was the SOS show.

Broders

Tiger Superstar
Jul 29, 2012
5SKULL5 said:
Not the best performance from SOS but he was right, what other list manager is grilled

As the only high profile person at Carlton he has to expect the media to seek him out .

funky

Tiger Superstar
Nov 27, 2009
Bolton will just continue the spin untill they finally wake up and realise
He cant coach and sos greatest claim after he butchers another draft
But but i got charlie curnow sos is the next greg miller.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
zippadeee said:
He rolled lloyd when he said trading Tom bell to Brisbane got them Curnow. That wiped the smirk of Lloyds face.
He also Brough us up asking Caro how long did it take Richmond to rebuild. No answer from caros arrow.
They got 2 first rounders for a 28 year old, that's a massive tick.
They got Curnow from trading Bell, double massive tick.
But the rest is junk. He brought up Plowman a couple of times, he is nothing special.
Overal he was on front foot, very agitated and answered most questions with a aggressive tone.

Obviously they didn't do their homework. And SOS was spinning half truths.
Tom Bell and pick 41 got traded to Brisbane for picks 21 and 60.
Carlton swapped picks 20 and 21 for WBs pick 11 which they used on Curnow . ( plus WBs 2016 3rd rounder)

So Tom Bell got them half of Curnow, carlton had to use their own pick 20 for the other half. ;)

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
tigersnake said:

Yeah the whole thing was a train wreck. No one came out looking good. SOS looked like he was just firing off random thoughts. Didn't look prepped. I'd have little faith in him after that if I barracked for that rabble.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
tigerlove said:
Was always going to be a no win interview for SoS. Thought he got in a few good punches but was never going to win the fight.

Media always have the last word because they are on air next week or have a column to fill.

Judd weak for letting SOS come on never going to win against Caro (wants a scalp) and Hurchy (ignorant egoist) . As sos said how many list managers have to face media scrutiny? (PRE scrutiny is another thing )

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I am generally a fan of Caro and am losin No sleep over carltons predicament or their future.
( The Carlton board and Judd included will ensure their pain continues into the next decade.)

But Caros pursuit of SoS is like her vendetta against Brayshaw when he was North President, way out of proportion to his perceived shortcomings.

As I said before a good club would not have let Sos on let alone having a board member sitting their in cahoots with the rabid media pack. (Cain Liddle may still be finding his voice)

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
willo said:
Obviously they didn't do their homework. And SOS was spinning half truths.
Tom Bell and pick 41 got traded to Brisbane for picks 21 and 60.
Carlton swapped picks 20 and 21 for WBs pick 11 which they used on Curnow . ( plus WBs 2016 3rd rounder)

So Tom Bell got them half of Curnow, carlton had to use their own pick 20 for the other half. ;)

calling it a half truth is being generous. he basically implied they traded Bell and got Curnow.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Just watched the interview.

It was horrible.

It was like Bigfooty played out in real life.

Where is the CEO and President in all of this???

Leadership at that club is non existent.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Let’s just remind ourselves of SOS talent spotting over the last 3 trading periods since he returned to Carlton (excluding the early ND choice like Dow, Curnow, Weitering, Cunningham, McKay, Petrovski-Seaton etc):

Kristian Jaksch
Mark Whiley
Rhys Palmer
Liam Sumner
Andrew Phillips
Jed Lamb
Jarrod Pickett
Caleb Marchbank
Lachie Plowman
Matthew Kennedy

Matthew Korchek
Daniel Gorringe